Complaint Review: Computertraining.com

• Submitted: Tue, May 19, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 19, 2009

• Reported By:Camp Hill Pennsylvania
Computertraining.com
Computertraining.com Lancaster, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Computertraining.com I almost fell for the overhyped advertising also Lancaster Pennsylvania

I almost fell for the hyped up to good to be true sounding advertisements for Computertraining.com. I saw their ads on tv for a while about the online skills challenge and thought about it but just didn't decide to go ahead and give it a try. I did decide to go online and try the skills challenge.

I went ahead on a Friday afternoon and took the challenge and the first round of questions was too easy almost just basic computer windows stuff. The second round was a little harder. Then wrote an essay paragraph about why I was interested.

On Monday, I received a call from their regional office about my test results and was told they were interested in me coming down to their nearest campus in Lancaster, PA to talk with me. The recruiter on the phone told me at 11 am that they had an info session in Lancaster(about an hour away from me) at 5 pm that same day. When I told the guy I couldn't do that day he wouldn't take no for an answer and when they asked about the next day Tuesday I said I had an appointment that day true and they still couldn't take no for an answer. So then I said on Wednesday that week.

Next I told some friends and family about this session I scheduled to go to and they told me to be careful and do some research before going down because they told it was likely very expensive $20K or more and their program was likely just another oversaturated tech school with not much credibility for job placement.

So I did Google Computertraining.com as suggested by peers to look for any complaints, ect about the program. I saw a lot on this site Ripoff Report about the high cost of the program $20K and over and not just the lack of job placement or salary level hyped up in the ads on tv but also about the lack of quality of teaching in the program. That made me think twice and changed my mind about going to it.

I just want to thank all of you out there and this website for making me aware of this too good to be true program and other ones also.

Anonymous
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2009 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Computertrainingcom/Lancaster-Pennsylvania/Computertrainingcom-I-almost-fell-for-the-overhyped-advertising-also-Lancaster-Pennsylvan-453382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Computertraining.com