Complaint Review: Computertraining.com

• Updated: Tue, December 29, 2009

• Reported By: Bob — Howell Michigan USA
Computertraining.com
20700 Civic Center Drive Ste 100 Southfield, Michigan United States of America

Computertraining.com ComputerTraining.edu, ComputerTraining Deceptive advertising gives you overconfidence then leaves you in extreme debt! Southfield, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Out Of Business!

*General Comment: "Scam" not really....

I got sucked into the program after taking their "Online Skills Test" and getting a "high score."  I got a call from one of the "admissions directors" and was invited to their Southfield campus for a "seminar" about the program.  This all happened within a couple of days.

Fast forward to after I was given confidence that I would do great in this program because of my background knowledge of Windows and computers...

I ended going through the class and "graduating" with a "95%"  I currently only have two of the certifications and I am still in the same job I was in before I took the class.

The only thing I came out of this class with is regret and a $30,000+ Career training loan that I cannot defer payments on if I wanted to go back to college.

My advice to anybody with half a brain - 1. Buy the books for the certs and study them.  2. Go to an actual college and get a two or four year degree in Computer Networking! (Best option)

Do not get sucked into this scam!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2009 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Computertrainingcom/Southfield-Michigan-48076/Computertrainingcom-ComputerTrainingedu-ComputerTraining-Deceptive-advertising-gives-yo-504123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Computertraining.com

Out Of Business!

AUTHOR: Rau Lange - (United States of America)

Effective December 28th, 2009 Computertraining.com/edu appears to be out of business. As employees returned to work after the holidays they were led to a conference room. In a video conference to school locations all across the country president Chuck Lang told those who had given their best to the company to get their stuff and get out. He went on to explain that the bank will not allow him to pay the employees for the time they have already worked. Most people think Mr. Lang lied about that part but that would be nothing new. David Rau, the owner of Computertraining.edu and a resident of the Tampa Florida area hasn't had anything to say, yet.

#2 General Comment

"Scam" not really....

AUTHOR: FrankW - (USA)

I am currently enrolled in this program now and much like everyone else enrolled was given confidence to succeed in this program and told that I would probably do well as well. You see this program is for anyone who wishes to further themselves and have a great stepping stone into the IT industry. One this that you are always told as a student is this program is only as good as you make it. So for example, you go to college, ring up thousands of dollars in student loans and wind up failing out of the course, you obviously didn't try as hard as you should have and yep now you have nothing to show for it but a whole lot of debt. What I can tell anyone that is interested in the IT field to do other than reading all the comical posts listed at this website is to go online to Monster.com or any other reputable job finding website and you will see hundreds of jobs available to anyone that works hard and can prove that yes this program has provided them with the know how to Work as a a MCTS, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, or any other certification that you can obtain. It is possible with hard work. Like I said earlier yes I am still in the program and let me tell you the hands on environment and the very small class sizes make it an absolutely outstanding environment to learn in where the instructors (Also highly certified might I add) are always more than willing to help someone out if they just simply ask. Yeah, you could just go out and buy a book and try to learn it yourself....but I can tell you that I also have a few of those "Self Paced" books as well, I use them to supplement what I learn in class and what you learn in class is far more in depth then what I can remember from one of those books.

So....Computertraining.com a "scam" hardly.....it is merely a method of getting training from someone that has already been in your position and succeeded in the past. My advice listen to the people in the field that have managed to use the methods they teach and put in a lot of hard work and this program will be worth every penny you spend in it.

loose