Complaint Review: Computertraining.com

• Updated: Tue, April 20, 2010

• Reported By: dworth — Elkton Maryland United States of America
Computertraining.com
100 commerce Drive newark, Delaware United States of America

Computertraining.com deceived me, stole hope of a better future newark, Delaware

I began at computertraining.com in October of 2007.  In July of 07' I of course heard the never ending commercial on the radio.  Due to some information about my company merging I decided it would be a good time to start going back to school.  My options were to finish my R.N. or go for I.T.  Considering my husband and I were looking at layoffs, I hate to admit that I was looking for a short term solution to a major problem.  Which as an adult I should have known that this sort of thing never works.

I completed the on-line test , got the call and made the choice.  Two weeks into the course listening 90 percent of the time about the philosophy of life from the instructor instead of going through labs or classwork, I wanted out.  I knew that six months was not going to cut it if I didn't have more hands on experience.  However I was already locked into a 30K loan to pay off.

During the admission interview, I was tricked into believing that outside the classroom you would only need 20 additional hours of study... which then turned into 70 hours worth of study. I had a full time job, two kids and a husband that worked nights.  How in the hell was I supposed to find 70 additonal hours.  I managed to pass one certification by the skin of my teeth.

I was never offered a job making over 12.00 an hour...I made over 16.00 at my prior job...I have been working at temporary jobs since laid off in 2008 ...and of course the computertraining is on my resume. I am starting to wonder if they have endangered my chances at employment.  I have worked since I was 14 and never had a problem getting a job ,even back in 93 when the economy was in a slump.  I feel that they have become more of a hinderence then a benefit. I wish I could file a class action suit against them to be able to gain the amount owed on my loan.  That is all I want.  I still never got the job they promised to pay off the loan that I signed for.  They are a scam.  However during the course of the classes I have learned a little on life's philosphy...as my instructor would say, "there is no plan b" I guess it was true.  Because my plan a failed and now I am reluctant to spend additonal funds to educate myself further .  They should owe everyone that attended that class , previously .  all loans should be dismissed of having to be paid back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2010 08:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Computertrainingcom/newark-Delaware-19713/Computertrainingcom-deceived-me-stole-hope-of-a-better-future-newark-Delaware-595078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Computertraining.com