Complaint Review: Con-Man Howard Needle Operating In Southern Florida

• Submitted: Mon, March 23, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, August 13, 2014

• Reported By:New York New York
Con-Man Howard Needle Operating In Southern Florida
4400 North Federal Highway Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Con-Man Howard Needle Operating In Southern Florida HOWARD NEEDLE defrauding victims left and right in Southern Florida Boca Raton Florida

*Author of original report: Beware of Howard Needle

*General Comment: Howard W. Needle

*Author of original report: Endless Lies and Aggravation from Howard Needle

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rosalie Farsworth lies again

*Author of original report: Howard Needle Still Owes Me Money

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: e mails

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: offered to settle

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: false and misleading

*Author of original report: Scammer Howard Needle still harassing victims

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: payment

*Author of original report: Howard Needle still owes me money

*General Comment: Bitter Ex-Contractor

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: false info

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Misinformation regarding Howard Needle - No Con took place

*Consumer Suggestion: Jesus H Christ

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: No End In Sight; Howard Needle Makes *Another* Death Threat; Defrauds Investor

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Howard W. Needle: Aging Felon Desperate For Cash revisits Fraud

*Author of original report: Howard W. Needle: The #1 Connartist of Boca Raton, FL

*Author of original report: THREE VICTIMS DENOUNCE HOWARD NEEDLE IN WRITERSWEEKLY

*Author of original report: Con-Artist and Career Criminal Howard Needle Poised to Victimize More People

*Author of original report: VICTIM DETAILS ABUSE SUFFERED AT CON MAN HOWARD NEEDLE'S HANDS

*Author of original report: A WAVE OF VICTIMS IS COMING FORWARD WITH TESTIMONY AGAINST CON-MAN HOWARD NEEDLE

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Career Con-Man Howard W. Needle Balks At Victims and Authority

*Author of original report: Con-Man Howard Needle's Criminal Record Easily Verified Online

Howard Needle, Publisher of Cravings Palm Beach magazine has defaulted on his contracts with me, though I fulfilled all my obligations under them.

No freelancer or anybody else seeking employment in any context whatsoever at any time should ever expose themselves to the risk of working for Howard Needle.

I have had communications from other of his more recent victims.

Indeed, research shows that Mr. Howard Needle is a convicted felon, that he has served time in federal prison and that he may presently be on probation.

Here are links to stories detailing his past felonious crimes:
Further information:
1. http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2000-03-09/news/the-real-boiler-room&page=76
2. http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/money/2003/11/20/2003-11-20__clamps_on_currency_fraud__s.html
3. http://www.cica.ky/media/article120302.htm

a. He was in federal prison for these crimes ~2003-2007 and may be on probation

His history also includes repeated DUI and domestic violence.

Do not expose yourselves to the risks entailed in having anything to do with the criminal Howard Needle.

Scott R
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2009 08:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Con-Man-Howard-Needle-Operating-In-Southern-Florida/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Con-Man-Howard-Needle-Operating-In-Southern-Florida-HOWARD-NEEDLE-defrauding-victims-left-436945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Con-Man Howard Needle Operating In Southern Florida

Beware of Howard Needle

AUTHOR: Scott rose - ()

The general public should take note of the insane lengths that Howard Needle goes to, posting rebuttal after rebuttal after rebuttal instead of using the option of RipOffReport's mediation.

The mediation process would settle this matter in a fair way.

Howard Needle isn't interested in having this dispute mediated in a fair way.

Howard Needle Convicted in Currency Exchange Fraud

AUTHOR: Scott rose - ()

It's so tiresome that instead of settling his debts and then behaving decently towards eventual hires, Howard Needle continues to revictimize his victims by telling lies about them.

Here is a section of an article from the Sun Sentinel Newspaper detailing some of the charges against Howard Needle.

"Those charged from South Florida were Dean Lucas, 42, of Pompano Beach; Leslie Rattet, 61, of North Miami Beach and Howard Needle, 46, of West Palm Beach.

Lucas and Rattet were charged with conspiracy, mail fraud and wire fraud in connection with an offering of "partnership units" in the Select Jet General Partnership, which was based in Coral Springs.

Prosecutors said Lucas, the company's CEO, and Rattet, who said he was executive vice president, allegedly solicited potential investors to buy partnership units at $30,000 a unit, saying the proceeds would be used to buy a charter aircraft. The two lied to potential investors about commissions of at least 40 percent that were to be paid to another person to broker investments, prosecutors said. Investigators also found that checks drawn on the partnership's bank account paid for credit card bills, car and tuition payments.

Needle, the subject of an ongoing investigation into potentially fraudulent stock deals, was charged with attempted extortion. Prosecutors said Needle allegedly tried to hire a cooperating witness to extort $15,000 owed to him by a "kid" who was subleasing his Manhattan apartment. In a tape-recorded conversation, Needle said he wanted the victim "messed" and "in a wheelchair."

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Everyone changes

AUTHOR: howard - ()

In June of 2011, media executive Howard Needle launched a company specifically focused on promoting rehabilitation and recovery to the addicted community. He realized that many people suffering from addiction are unwilling to check themselves into a facility, and the idea of self treatment with online support would be appealing to them. His company, Alternative Media Solutions, was founded on the premise that people suffering from addiction will respond to informative TV commercials and radio campaigns, and then visit an online site that offers support.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

7 years old story

AUTHOR: howard - ()

This false post is 7 years old , and it still is at the top of google , what a joke. I run a company that helps the sick and suffering addicts be made aware that their are treatment facilities to put them on the road to recovery. See  all people make mistakes in their life , but move on and better themselfs like i did. I know make awareness on NBC,CNS,ABC,FOX to help save lifes. So everyone should disregard this BS and move on to bigger and better things in your life.

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Monkeys uncle

AUTHOR: howard - ()

I was not found guilty of financial crimes , That is a fact , contact the Southern District of NY and get the real truth.

Scott Rose is nothing but a desperate poor writer , making up false allegations because he was not paid a whopping $1100, for a story that was never published. The magazine went out of business due to a bad economy.  Get the facts not the fiction .  I f I was committing crimes while on federal probation, dont you think the probation office would know??? They are much smarter than Scott Rose. Lies by Scott Rose should be a crime.

#6 General Comment

Howard W. Needle

AUTHOR: jerry - ()

I have known Howard Needle very well for a number of years. During those years it is true that in the past, he has not toed the line on occasion.

But today, after watching him for the last few years, that is not the Howard Needle of today.

For the past 3 to 4 years he has worked his fingers bloody, bringing a noble, honest, business from scratch to producing fruit.

To be perfectly honest, there was a time when even I had doubts, but his metamorphosis has pleasantly astounded me and others around him.

Howard Needle now is an honest, above board, caring businessman. He cares for his customers, always going

the extra mile to ensure that the T's are crossed and the i's are dotted. I couldn't say this five years ago, but

I can now say unequivacally that he is a new man of whom I TRUST and admire for having the grit to turn himself around.

Endless Lies and Aggravation from Howard Needle

AUTHOR: Scott rose - ()

Members of the public should be able to look at this string of reports and rebuttals and conclude for themselves that Howard Needle is likely to rip them off if they work for him.

He is outright lying about the terms of our contract.

The contract called for me to be paid half of my writer's fee upon article acceptance, and the other half "no later than March 23, 2009."

Needle did not pay me half upon acceptance, (though he did accept the submissions) nor did he pay me by March 23, 2009.

He owes me $1,150.

Our contract was not dependent on Needle publishing (although he hoodwinked me into doing the quantity of work I did for him by misleading me to believe that he was going to have no problem publishing his next issue).

Our contract called for me to be paid half on article acceptance, and the rest "no later than March 23, 2009."

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rosalie Farsworth lies again

Rosalie Farnsworth

"As a person, I was so uncomfortable with this," writes Farnsworth in a note to The Juice describing her work for Needle. "I had been at the forefront of all communications with the freelancers" -- meaning that her own professionalism was at stake. Farnsworth ultimately paid most of those freelancers with her own money. "Per my contract I was to be paid for all expenses," she writes, "but I understood that I probably wouldn't see a dime."

Howard Needle Still Owes Me Money

AUTHOR: Scott rose - ()

Readers should be aware of how unlikely it is that Howard Needle will ever pay them, if they work for him. He now has filed a misleading rebuttal to my complaint, in which he falsely alleges that I was to be paid "on pubication." In fact, our contract called for me to be paid half of my fee upon article acceptance, with the "balance due on publication but no later than March 23, 2009."

The whole point of including the phrase "no later than" in a contract is to establish that payment will be due by that date, no matter what. So in sum, Howard Needle failed to pay me the half of my fee I was due upon acceptance, and also has never paid me, period. To add insult to injury, in his rebuttal here he has referred to me as one of his former employee's "partner in crime." For doing freelance work for Howard Needle, and never getting paid, I am called a criminal? That's what people might expect, if they work for Howard Needle, apparently.

Moreover, whereas Howard Needle is alleging that he offered to settle, and I made no reply, in truth, Howard Needle said that he would pay me only $500 of the $1,150 I earned, and he wanted payment to be conditional on my updating this complaint, as well as on getting the owners of Whispers & Warnings -- a freelance writer's Warning publication against unscrupulous publishers -- and The New Times Broward Beach reporters that he had paid me. He wanted me to spend my professional time writing up an agreement.

Because I have already thrown away more than enough of my valuable time on Howard Needle, I told him that I would not settle for less than the full amount he owes me, and that he, not I, would have to draft an agreement.

He is lying to the public when he says that I did not respond to his offer.

Apparently, this is the type of headache people who work for Howard Needle should expect when it comes time to be paid for the work they did for him.

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

e mails

AUTHOR: howard - ()

Ofering to settle a dispute over a invoice , does not mean its a threatening e mail , in fact I was being kind to settle and offer a settelment  when his articles according to his contract were NEVER published . have his post his invoice so you can read the truth.

#11 REBUTTAL Owner of company

offered to settle

AUTHOR: howard - ()

I offer Scott Rose to settle his claim based on his contract(if went to publication) it NEVER was published.

Since i have a new life saving addicts for rehab facilitys , I thought it would be nice of me to offer a settlement.

He will not reply , based on my attorneys advise he suggested I sue him for damages. yes i was in prison in 2003 , 11 years ago but people (such as myself CHANGE)

#12 REBUTTAL Owner of company

false and misleading

AUTHOR: howard - ()

If Scott Rose would post his invoice instead of slandering me , it states he gets paid upon publication. I never went to publication due to the economy and his partner in crime Rosalie Farnsworth would not turn over client pages , I sued her , who is known to rip other friends of mine off.

Scammer Howard Needle still harassing victims

AUTHOR: Scott rose - ()

Mr. Needle of late has been harassing his victims and sending them absurd email threats about how, if they do not remove their complaints against him from the internet, he will sue them and there will be a court judgment against them.

Firstly, nobody can be sued for stating a true thing about a felon who served years in federal prison after being convicted in connection with the FBI's Operation Wooden Nickle.

You read that right; Howard Needle was arrested and convicted of financial crimes.

Apparently since his release from federal prison, instead of living an honest life he has chosen to engage in a series of scams and ludicrous threats against his victims.

If Howard Needles was not convicted of financial crimes in connection with the FBI's Operation Wooden Nickle, then I will be a monkey's uncle!

#14 REBUTTAL Individual responds

payment

AUTHOR: howard - ()

For a company due to the bad economy went out of business , such as over 50% of start up companies. I paid Scott Rose $250 a partial payment in good faith. I NERVER PRINTED his articles. If he wants his balance owed to him paid , either delete these blogs or I will seek legal action against Mr. Rose ASAP FOR SLANDER.

Howard Needle still owes me money

AUTHOR: Scott r - ()

Howard Needle knowingly and deliberately misled me into producing work for him under the false pretense that he was prepared to pay me for the completion of three articles for his magazine Cravings Palm Beach. Once he had the work from me, and put it into PDFs with photos, he decided he didn't have to pay me.

To make this absolutely clear; when Needle contracted me for the three articles, he did not tell me that he expected me to produce them "on spec" and that my payment would be contingent on whether he wound up being able to publish his next issue.  I would never have produced three articles for Needle on spec.

He still owes me $1,150.

That he now attempts a defense by saying "These things happen," without acknowledging that he knowingly misled me about his ability to pay me -- coupled with the fact that he has never made any payment arrangements with me -- speaks for itself about his character and trustworthiness.

Additionally, as part of the sting operation "Operation Wooden Nickel," Needle went to federal prison for extortion and racketeering in the currency exchange industry.

Moreover, his claim that he has had a "clean record" for the past five years is dubious.

Bustedmugshots (dot) com for Boynton Beach shows that Needle was arrested for burglary and battery in 2012; the photo accompanying the site listing of his arrest shows him with an enormous black eye on his left side.

Separately, Mugshtos (dot) com (Mugshots.com ID: 5761665) shows that Needle had a 2011 arrest in Boca Raton for DISORDERLY CONDUCT - BRAWLING FIGHTING CORRUPT PUBLIC MORAL DECENCY, and Resisting an officer.  The Booking Officer is given as DANIEL C CARNEY and the Booking Number as  2011011572

On his current AlternativeSolutionsMedia (dot) com website, Needle in his C.V. claims that from January, 2001 to December, 2010, he was "Marketing Director" at Prestige Trading Group. How did he report to work there during the time he simultaneously was in prison?

#16 General Comment

Bitter Ex-Contractor

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

It happens......  between an owner of company and ex-employee/contractor, they do not agree and argue, unfortunate happens and at the end.  Then one in this case, ex-contractor, do whatever it takes to try to damage the ex-boss.

I see that Rosalie and Scott are upset, angry and more.  Things did not go well........

Fact the matter is the company lost money.  The company never made any profit.  So I don't know why Rosalie said "I don't' know where the revenue went...."  The revenue was used to pay the bills, just like any other company.

What he did in the past has nothing to do with today.  He tried his best, honest effort to keep the business going but economy hit hard.  Under the tough economy and merchants suffer, the first thing they cut is "advertisement" and that's exactly what happened here.  He did NO wrong.  He did everything to try to pay everyone.

I have known Mr. Needle over 7 years. I have witnessed behavoir changed, I have witnessed his tenatiousness, I have witnessed his hard work to make it happen and keep it going.  It is sad that the business had to shut down solely because of the circumstances, the RESSESSION.  I wonder how many business had to be closed........for the same reason.  I wonder how many ex-employees/contractors could not be paid for the same reason.

Rosalie is not an angel.  She is just a better "con" than Mr. Needle (as she accuses him here).  Don't be fooled by her pretty face.  She is a better "con" than you can ever imagine.  Whatever she claimed in the articles are totaly false.  Mr. Needle had to be drug tested randumly, including alcohol and he NEVER failed the test.

How interesting that Rosalie brought up that he used to picked up women..........it sounds like a jealous and manipulative woman's comment to me.  Maybe, just maybe, Rosalie secretly had a dream to be with him and that did not happen so she is mad?????????

This is an old article.  It's been 6 long years.  Isn't it time for people to move on?   Com'on get real.  Don't waste your time reading and believing what unhappy jealous ex-contarctor  wrote here.

#17 REBUTTAL Owner of company

false info

AUTHOR: howard - ()

this blog is 100% false , Rosalie Farnsworth and Scott Rose did this blog out of anger and lied , this is false info and is ruining my current position. Ms Farnsworth is famous for robbing companies and nerver pays her rent , post that .

If your not going to remove it , why does it have to be on page 1 , its 5 years old?  I can document every single comment with the facts by my attorneys. Please reomove and put it on page 2 or 3

#18 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Misinformation regarding Howard Needle - No Con took place

AUTHOR: howard - ()

As any business owner or manager can testify, there are certain things that happen in business.

ONE: An employee or freelance worker (contracted employee) can become disgruntled with your company/ with management, and can seek to damage your image and reputation.

TWO: Poor sales and difficult economic times can force you to close your doors, and unfortunately, prevent you from paying off every creditor.

As anyone who reads these reports will notice, they are several years old. Yet they continue to come up at the very top of searches whenever my name is typed into the Internet, which seems grossly unfair. These were written by two individuals who were unhappy when I was forced to close my business back in 2009. Efforts were made to do what we could for those who had done work for us, but in the end, some invoices were still outstanding when we closed our doors. For this, I am deeply regretful - but there was nothing that could be done. You cannot get blood out of a stone, as they say. The business -a magazine - was completely bankrupt.

These reports were written in retaliation, and based more on emotion than on fact. To date, with my current business, I have had no problems, no issues, and received no complaints. On the contrary - I have successfully served dozens of companies, helping them with marketing and media. I have testimonials from happy clients and am happy to provide references upon request, to anyone that asks.

I can assure anyone finding these negative reports that it is not my intention to deceive anyone or do anything other than good business. In the past, I was at the mercy of a poor economy and poor advisement on the part of my attorney at the time, who is no longer employed by me. I did have some issues in my personal life, which unfortunately and unfairly are part of the Internet's massive data stores. But they are irrelevant to my abilities as a media buyer and marketer.

I would implore anyone who is considering working with or utilizing my business to look at the past 5 years of my clean, trouble-free, report-free reputation. These rip-off reports are not only old, they are misleading. I will gladly explain my side of the story to anyone who asks, and look forward to providing great service to all my current and future clients.

Thank you for reading this rebuttal.

Howard Needle

#19 Consumer Suggestion

Jesus H Christ

AUTHOR: Alex G - (U.S.A.)

Why the hell don't you two cry babies (if there are 2 of you) just pick up the phone and call his probation officer. One call will get him locked up---- if in fact he did what you claim he did and he is in fact on felony probation.

#20 UPDATE EX-employee responds

No End In Sight; Howard Needle Makes *Another* Death Threat; Defrauds Investor

AUTHOR: Rosalie F. - (U.S.A.)

Two stories published by New Times 'The Juice' blog editor Thomas Francis on May 27, 2009:

Needle Makes *Another* Death Threat:

Needle Defrauds *Another* Investor:

Victims: you *must* file a police report. Police require documentation, otherwise, this is all hearsay.

In no time, an interaction with Needle could turn deadly.

The rusty wheel of the justice system may turn slow, but the speed of today's communication tools can do much to educate before it's too late.

#21 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Howard W. Needle: Aging Felon Desperate For Cash revisits Fraud

Howard Needle

After 25 years of unscrupulous business practices, Howard Needle finally served a 30-month federal prison term after pleading guilty to felony charges of racketeering and extortion in connection with a crooked currency futures outfit in New York busted by the FBI in what the agency called Operation Wooden Nickel. Rather than the single "big score" that is the undoing of so many other of his ilk, Needle allegedly commits lots of little cons. After doing his time, Needle launched into the publishing industry in December 2007.

Since then, there has been a rash of theft and exploitation of freelancers committed by Howard W. Needle of Boca Raton, Florida. He was publisher of Cravings Palm Beach magazine; the magazine published four issues in 2008. As such, he has solicited, hired, harassed and defrauded no less than 15 people while on federal probation. Moreover, he published the work supplied by these industrious freelancers thereby violating their copyrights. It is unclear how he spent the money he was paid by advertisers. To date, he allegedly owes tens of thousands to victims of Cravings of the Palm Beaches.

Needle posted help wanted ads online at Craigslist.org and other sites and was quoted in a recent article defiantly stating that he will start a new magazine as complaints about him and Cravings are pouring in.

Victims have been in contact with U.S. Department of Probation agent Kathy Kosir-Nelson. It seems the department has taken no action and will not respond to inquiries about the terms of Needle's probation; his term ends December 2009.

The United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, R. Alexander Acosta, has been contacted by fax and US Postal Service standard mail. Phone number to the the office of Mr. Acosta is 561-820-8711.

Google "Howard W. Needle" for posted complaints and public records.

Howard W. Needle: The #1 Connartist of Boca Raton, FL

AUTHOR: Vc7688 - (U.S.A.)

I too was a victim of Howard Needle. I began starting his company, Cravings of the Palm Beaches, with him Dec. 2007 and then started the lies. I left a very well-paid, reputable company to work for this cheat. I was promised a great salary and a job of my dreams, but then I realized I was hired to be his little gopher. Due to his DUI conviction and probation situation he has a revoked license. Therefore, I was used to drive him from place to place including waking up early to take him for his weekly urine testing at his probation's office located off of Glades Rd. & I-95. I was sexually harrassed and verbally abused daily.

He uses credit cards that he fraudulently opened in his elderly parent's name to wine and dine women for sex that he meets on Match.com knowing he has a girlfriend and 2 kids at home. His whole life revolves around sex, drugs and alcohol even at 50+ years old. His biggest move is not paying people. He will make any excuse to fire one of his representatives before Friday so that he can hold their check. He has multiple lawsuits out for this. His entire magazine is a fraud and a lie. It is a rip-off of every major magazine in Palm Beach County including Boca Raton Magazine, Boca Raton Observer, Palm Beach Magazine, etc. He steals the work of graphic designers and free lance writers constantly. This man will never have a successful magazine company because he will never have a single idea of his own. He strong-arms people into advertising with his magazine. His company, being over a year old, is not even remotely coming along.

THREE VICTIMS DENOUNCE HOWARD NEEDLE IN WRITERSWEEKLY

AUTHOR: Scott rose - (U.S.A.)

COMPLAINT about Ex-Con Howard Needle / Cravings / et. al.

Howard Needle made no good-faith effort to make payment arrangements with three freelancers from whom he stole professional services.

Details of their complaints are found at the above link to the Whispers & Warnings section of WritersWeekly, published by the famous freelancers' advocate Ms. Angela Hoy.

Con-Artist and Career Criminal Howard Needle Poised to Victimize More People

AUTHOR: Scott rose - (U.S.A.)

It has come to our attention that even as he abandons his Cravings Palm Beach magazine, leaving writers, graphics people, editors, the printer and others unpaid for the work they did for him, Howard Needle has already formed another corporation having at present this name and address:

Ultimate Cravings Corp
2300 W Sample Road Suite 104,
Pompano Beach, FL 33073

Howard Needle according to reports took money from advertisers for a March/April issue of Cravings Palm Beach magazine and then claimed to be closing the magazine.

Howard Needle is a hardened con man, who has refined his techniques for stealing services and funds from people.

Protect yourselves against him.

VICTIM DETAILS ABUSE SUFFERED AT CON MAN HOWARD NEEDLE'S HANDS

Dear Ms. Hoy:

I wanted the opportunity to specify to you why what Howard Needle did to me feels like so egregious and personal an affront and injury.

Mr. Needle put me through an absolute hell, after contacting me to resend the text and photos associated with my yachting piece for him.

Over a period of ten days, he was unreasonably demanding of my professional time, which he squandered as though taking pleasure in squandering it.

The phone calls from him and the insistence that I call him were out of all proportion to what was necessary to doing a professional job on all three pieces.

I could barely leave my office to pick up supplies outside without finding a telephone message and multiple e-mails insisting I call him upon my return.

With all three articles, Mr. Needle was demanding of my time not just for obtaining photos . . which was my responsibility under the contract . .. but also about explaining to him on the telephone which of the captions I had written should go with which photo . . though this information had been provided to him in meticulously clear writing.

It was toweringly frustrating to give Mr. Needle a response, have him act as though he had understood, but then hear him ask for the same information three minutes later. Hours and hours and hours of my valuable professional time were wasted due to Mr. Needle's intellectual deficiencies combined with his lack of respect for my time and me as a human being.

It is not inaccurate to say that during the time I was earning my money doing work for Mr. Needle, he tortured and harassed me.

Furthermore, it is not as though in the period I was doing this work, I did not have other work to do. Night after night I was having to stay up late into the night and then wake up extra early, so as to fulill my other responsibilities.

Mr. Needle with a promise of $300 additional money I obviously will never see also engaged me in contacting Shannon Davidoff about copywriting for an ad to appear in the magazine. As I have learned from Rosalie Farnsworth, Mr. Needle had me do this though he understood his relationship with Ms. Davidoff was beyond repair.

Also, Mr. Needle repeatedly asked me if I would write his Letter from the Editor for him. As he was not offering to pay me for the service, I did not say much about this. On one occasion, Mr. Needle said he needed me to do this for him "as a gift." I went through at least five rounds of that particular nonsense with Mr. Needle.

He also wasted my time, having me revise my invoices, sending and resending them to him.

And on and on and on.

The final insult and injury of course is that he has not paid me what I am due. Many people have trouble coping with their boss's unreasonable, unfair, exploitative demands, but at least most often they wind up getting paid.

To me, it feels as though Mr. Needle has committed an acute violence against my person and my psyche. From what I have learned about his documented history, it is apparent to me that he is a total scumbag criminal, a psychopath with no empathy for his victims.

He should be locked behind bars, the key thrown away. His previous imprisonments did not reform him, he expresses no remorse to his victim, no acknowledgment of the extreme hardship caused and no offer to make monetary compensation for it. It is clear that he is not motivated to behave decently in society, and will not stop victimizing innocent people.

I did not deserve to be abused this way, I still deserve every penny I earned while being abused this way, and Mr. Needle can be sure that I will do everything in my power to stop him from ever again putting another hard-working person through such an ordeal.

Scott Rose

AUTHOR: Scott rose - (U.S.A.)

We have now had communications with over one dozen freelancers alleging that Howard Needle owes them money. A printer is also allegedly owed money by Mr. Needle. It is common that con men defrauding people through a publishing business default on what they owe printers.

Some of these victims allege sexual harassment at Howard Needle's hands. Howard Needle is alleged to have told a female worker that all of his assistants sleep with him.

The documented evidence that Howard Needle has defrauded workers is conclusive. Allegations of sexual abuse of course are very serious, and this is not to claim that as regards the current allegations of sexual abuse, there is sufficient present evidence to arrest, arraign and convict. However, in light of Howard Needle's atrocious criminal record, documentation for which is in public records, it seems prudent to make the public aware that there is some cause for women in particular to stay away from him.

Howard Needle is said to be in cahoots with Barry Katz, currently of Hollywood magazine in Florida. There is an appearance that the two could be operating systematically together to defraud freelancers.

Writers' Advocate Angela Hoy of www.WritersWeekly.com has e-mailed an official complaint to Howard Needle. It includes another freelancer's allegation that Howard Needle owes her $7868.10

This day, I sent Howard Needle the following e-mail message:

Mr. Needle:

I hold out no hope that you would do me the courtesy and respect of dealing honestly with me.

However, as one of your many victims, I am exercising my right to articulate directly to you the harm you have done me.

An honest man when contacting me as you did at the end of February would have made clear, and would have followed up telephone conversations with unambiguously worded e-mails, that this was the arrangement he intended: "I want you to deliver to me articles and accompanying photos but will only pay you for them if I am able to go to print."

My writing services are in sufficient demand that I do not have to engage in crapshoots like that, and if I had understood I was entering into a publishing crapshoot with you, I most absolutely would not have accepted the engagements.

You should be aware, actually, that I have written at the highest of professional levels about gaming. For instance, I was paid a generous fee to write a blackjack strategy article for M Lifestyle magazine. My profile of Finnish poker champion Ilari "Ziigmund" Sahamies will appear in the May issue of Poker Pro magazine. Never once in all my experiences writing about gambling have I ever encountered an editor who behaved unethically towards me.

Note please however that in the interest of making the general climate more favorable for other freelancers, I can be motivated to see that a conniving con man and his illicit activities are made known to the greatest imaginable number of other freelancers.

I understand of course that a psychopath feels no empathy for his victims and indeed in many instances takes sadistic pleasure from making his victims suffer. That is exactly why I am endeavoring to keep you from victimizing other people.

Scott Rose

#27 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Career Con-Man Howard W. Needle Balks At Victims and Authority

AUTHOR: Rosalie F. - (U.S.A.)

Howard W. Needle, Publisher of Cravings Palm Beach magazine under Cravings of the Palm Beaches, has defaulted on his contracts with me and attempted to extort my professional services under false pretenses even though I, too, have fulfilled all my obligations under them.

He made payment with a credit card, then fraudulently initiated a chargeback when I would not renew my contract with him (I can't understand why a felon would be permitted use of a credit card in the first place and am investigating this matter). If he offers a check, do not accept. He will stop payment or the funds will be unavailable.

I have reason to believe he may not reimburse monies to currently unpublished advertisers.

He balks, laughs and/or becomes aggressive when confronted with complaints and request for payment per contractural obligation. He believes he is above the law and was heard stating that after his probation ends December 2009 he'll be "free to do whatever he wants" and "get back in the game". Obviously, he isn't waiting until his probation ends. He has called himself "King of Boca" and "Publishing Mogul".

His standard of conduct also includes sexual harassment and violent threats.

In private, he preys from the shadows of local bars, networking events, restaurants and nightclubs. I believe he frequents online dating sites though in a relationship.

A predator of the worst kind, please do not engage Howard W. Needle in any way.

#28 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Career Con-Man Howard W. Needle Balks At Victims and Authority

AUTHOR: Rosalie F. - (U.S.A.)

His standard of conduct also includes sexual harassment and violent threats.

A predator of the worst kind, please do not engage Howard W. Needle in any way.

Con-Man Howard Needle's Criminal Record Easily Verified Online

AUTHOR: Scott rose - (U.S.A.)

As additional victims of the career criminal Howard Needle come forward, we are learning more in detail about his criminal record.

At the following link may be found records for his felony DUI convictions and imprisonment:

At the next link will be found a listing with the Palm Beach County Clerk and Comptroller's criminal history for Howard Needle, including actions against him for domestic violence against two wives: