Complaint Review: Concordville Subaru

• Submitted: Thu, December 06, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 06, 2012

• Reported By: Kevin — Swedesboro New Jersey U.S.A.
Concordville Subaru
452 Wilmington Pike Glen Mills, Pennsylvania United States of America

Concordville Subaru Concordville Nissan Subaru Sleazy, Deceptive, Stereotype of Dishonest Car Salesmen Glen Mills, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Identity

*UPDATE Employee: Lost business...

We spent a day gathering pricing info from different dealers via phone calls and internet contacts. Via phone and e-mail, we were given the best price from Concordville Subaru. I made an appointment with Chris Franklin, their internet coordinator (whom I thought we'd be dealing with), for the next day to sign the papers. When we got there, the games began.

We were handed off to a salesman on the floor who didn't introduce himself, and he started trying to "qualify us" for a car. He walked us outside to show us vehicles and features on the Outback. I questioned him about what we doing, and he said "I'm showing you folks the features on the Outbacks".

I then told him we had gone through all of this with Chris Franklin both via phone and e-mail, & I didn't think it necessary to repeat things from the start. I thought we were going to sign papers to buy a car. I had been told the day before that the car I'd been quoted a price on had been sold, but they would get us an identical car, but it might take a few days. I was fine with that.

The "sales guy", who I found out later was Justin Brock, went to get "more information" from the manager, even though he had the sheet with all the features in his hand. That's an old game, taught in dealership school. He came back a few minutes later to review the features we wanted on the car. I told him at the time that we were going to respect each other enough that the deal was either good, or it wasn't. He then excused himself again.

When he returned, he informed us that because the vehicle wasn't in stock, there would be a $300 "fee" to transfer the vehicle to their store. When I told him they knew the vehicle wasn't at their store when I was quoted a price, he had no answer. I had a really bad vibe when I walked into their store, and it was confirmed when they started trying to jerk us around. At the point the "transfer fee" was brought up, I said "We're done." and walked out.

This was the worst dealership experience I've ever had, and makes the "sleazy car salesman" stereotype seem kind. I expected to deal with one person, was "handed off" to another, the dealership would not honor their word (or their written e-mail quote) and there was a complete lack of professionalism and respect.

I am glad I recognized the sleazy games they were trying to play with us. We walked out of this disrespectful experience, made one phone call, drove south to another dealership and went home that night with a new Outback. For less than Concordville's price when you add the "fees". Oh, the dealership we bought from? Completely different vibe-- professional, completely straightforward, and absolutely true to their word. They actually wanted our business.

If you don't want to be jerked around and have games played with you, don't deal with these people. If they'd worn white patent leather shoes and polyester suits, I'd have sworn I was in a bad movie.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2012 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Concordville-Subaru/Glen-Mills-Pennsylvania-19342/Concordville-Subaru-Concordville-Nissan-Subaru-Sleazy-Deceptive-Stereotype-of-Dishonest-978626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Concordville Subaru

Identity

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

I received a call from Concordville Subaru's Justin Brock, who was named as the "sales guy" in my original report. Justin says he was not the person I dealt with back in November.  The day after my experience, I called the dealership and described the guy I'd dealt with, along with the location of his desk. The dealership gave me Justin's name, so I put it in the report.

As I told Justin when he called me, I do not want the wrong person named in my report. Concordville Subaru gave me his name. If the guy I dealt with (who didn't introduce himself) was not Justin, I apologize to him. That, in no way, changes my experience with his dealership.

Justin was able to contact me after three months, yet the management/ownership never called or e-mailed me. There was a written apology posted in response to this report, but never any direct contact. The management at Concordville Subaru either isn't aware of what happens in their store, or they look the other way to sell more cars.

I again apologize to Justin for incorrectly naming him in my report. It was posted to share my unpleasant overall experience with the dealership.

Lost business...

AUTHOR: Fred - (United States of America)

Unfortunately, we were at fault in this matter. Kevin originally contacted us thru our internet department to inquire about pricing for a 2013 Subaru Outback in satin white. Our internet department was able to negotiate an acceptable deal for him and scheduled a mutually agreed upon time for him to come in and consumate the transaction before we were to go and locate the vehicle.

What happened when Kevin arrived is not typical of the way we do business and regretfully has caused us to receive this "black eye" on this report. As a sales manager for the dealership i would like to personally apologize to Kevin and his family.

Fred Altieri