Complaint Review: Condor Airlines - apple Vacations

• Submitted: Thu, October 06, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 25, 2005

• Reported By:lockport Illinois
Condor Airlines - apple Vacations
104 S. Walnut Street Itasca, Illinois U.S.A.

Condor Airlines, apple Vacations bullied humiliated embarrased by flight crew! Never been treated like this before Itasca Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Drinking in the air affects you differently than on the ground

*Author of original report: two different things.

*Consumer Comment: Misdirected anger - Part Deaux

*Consumer Comment: Just a question

*Author of original report: We paid alot of money

*Consumer Comment: Misdirected anger

In January 2004,my husband and I booked a trip to Punta Cana,Dominican Republic. Everything was good until our flight home. Our flight was delayed so my hubbie went and got me a coke and a alcohol drink for himself (we were still on vacation & he wasn't flying the plane) We finally boarded the plane and was greeted by the crew,my husband said hola instead of hello. Big deal ,what's the harm? We found our seats, he went to bathroom, upon returning to our seat the attendant asked him if he had a problem,she asked 3 times. He told her no,she told him he appeared intoxicated. He was not causing trouble wasn't loud in any way! We were very embarrased,everyone was looking at us like we were terrorists.She threatened to not let him stay on board,it was very scary. We got to stay on the plane we were in flight,later the attendant came around to ask if we wanted something to drink, I asked for a glass of ice for my coke i carried on board,the attendant very loudly asked if i had booze in my coke. No i did not, she asked like 3 times,what the heck,all i wanted was ice. How embarrasing! We reported this to Apple with no help whatsoever. We will never book with Apple again,they lose because we travel a lot.I am still mad about it.

Rebecca
Lockport, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2005 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Condor-Airlines-apple-Vacations/Itasca-Illinois-60143/Condor-Airlines-apple-Vacations-bullied-humiliated-embarrased-by-flight-crew-Never-been-159734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Condor Airlines - apple Vacations

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Drinking in the air affects you differently than on the ground

AUTHOR: Lacey - (U.S.A.)

My husband is a flight attendant and I must say, your accusations are unfounded. Alcohol has a different affect on a person on a plane than a ground. It has to do with altitude. A flight attendant is required by FAA law to not serve alcohol to an already intoxicated person. She was just doing her job and she is backed up by federal law. You are not.

Next time, don't drink while flying or right before you are about to. An intoxicated person can really raise havoc on a plane.

two different things.

AUTHOR: Rebecca - (U.S.A.)

The reason I didn't report this on the web site until now is
I didn't have a computer at the time,I have never had one until recently.I just happened upon this site last week and thought I would post my complaint. Trust me after we got back I raised hell for 6 months.We had been in puntacana for 7 days, everyone spoke spanish, all my husband said to them was hola INSTEAD OF HI.I guess you never had 3 drinks on vacation before hmmm? Well good for you! And I'M CERTAIN YOU HAVE NEVER DRANK ON A PLANE BEFORE.Drinking while driving and drinking while on vacation is two different things.

Misdirected anger - Part Deaux

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

"He did have a couple of drinks before we left the resort,"

"He had one at the airport since flight was delayed."

"so how drunk do you think he was?"

Well, he was drunk enough to be noticed by the flight attendant, obviously. Look, they have an entire packed plane of people to deal with. Do you truly believe they picked hubby out at random just to pass the time? Please. Whatever he did to attract attention to himself obviously worked. He got their attention! Also, define "a couple of drinks", since that's the standard response for any drunk when they get pulled over for DUI.

Finally, I still go back to my misdirected anger statement. Except now I feel your anger should be towards your husband. Since he clearly can't hold "a couple of drinks", he'd be wise to lay off the booze - and certainly not order more at the airport.

"open the door" ?? Right! That would be your credibility leaving.

Just a question

AUTHOR: Doug - (Canada)

Ms. Rebecca

I was just wondering why it took you almost 2 full years (You said that you vacationed in January 2004) to report this here? I just found it odd that you would wait so long. I'm also not implying that your complaint isn't valid, I just wondered the about the delay.

I've vacationed with apple vacations and had no problem with the trip itself, but we were chartered by apple on Ryan Air, and I can't believe how crammed in they had us on the plane. I've been on cheap, bargain flights before, but this flight (from Detroit to Puerto Plata) was horrible. When you sat down, your knees touched the seat in front of you... that was before the seats were reclined! I complained on my comment card, as did others around me, but I heard nothing from apple vacations.

Have a drink on me,

We paid alot of money

AUTHOR: Rebecca - (U.S.A.)

I am mad at the airline as well as my travel agent. We paid alot of money for this trip. We had her book the whole thing, we knew nothing of this airline,which is kind of scary.When we had this experience I just think the travel agent or apple should have tried harder to get this resolved.Needless to say,would never fly with condor again. Also by the way,they did serve alcohol on the flight! Neither of us ordered any.He did have a couple of drinks before we left the resort,we didn't leave until 1:30 p.m. Didn't leave our room until 12 noon,took us that long to pack.We even had lunch, so how drunk do you think he was? Not much time there!He had one at the airport since flight was delayed. Bottom line is if he was unruly i can see for concern.He was not in any way,i mean we were still on vacation as far as we were concerned.The couple behind us could burp and fart then laugh about it and that was ok. No i did not report them I was afraid they would open door and throw me out in mid flight!

Misdirected anger

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

"We will never book with Apple again,they lose because we travel a lot"

Why? Your problem lies with the airline, not the agency. If I was mad at Southwest, I don't think I'd boycott American Express.

Based on your story, here's what I believe happened: The flight attendant could smell alcohol on your husband's breath when he greeted her. You were also carrying a drink onboard. He then went to the lavatory. Those things combined would have been a HUGE red flag. So, I'm not surprised that they asked about the contents of your cup.

Furthermore, it could not have been much of an incident, since apparently the team lead and/or captain were not involved.

Finally, the bottom line is that you get what you pay for. That's exactly why I used the example of Southwest in my opening paragraph. I looked up Condor on the web and found that they are a cut rate, deep discount airline with a similar philosophy of first come, first served. In facts the fares go up as the plane fills up. Had you booked this on a traditional carrier, and therefore paid quite a bit more, I doubt it would have happened. Hell, had you paid for first class, you would have been served alcohol while you were still on the ground!

I'm sure your husband's actions were innocent enough and totally unintentional, but based on your description, I can see how it happened. So what was Condor's reply when you wrote to them to complain? I think I know, but it would be pertinent to see it here as well.