Complaint Review: Condor Flugdienst

• Submitted: Fri, January 18, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: David B — Internet USA
Condor Flugdienst

Condor Flugdienst Condor Airline, Condor Born to Fly, Condor Flugdienst DO NOT FLY WITH CONDOR AIRLINES Frankfurt, Internet

On January 14th I purchased a one way ticket from London to Havana for the 18th of January. That same day my credit card was charged $632. I purchased the ticket via www.condor.com

The flight was a Lufthansa service to Frankfurt and then a Condor flight from Frankfurt to Havana.

I received an email with the title "Condor confirmation 4568533" and the following text: "Dear customer, Thank you for your booking with Condor Individuell. This mail includes your booking confirmation in PDF format."  The email contained the mentioned PDF file.

When I arrived to Heathrow Airport on the 18th at 04:30 AM (with a Taxi from central London as they are no trains or Tube so early, the cost of the Taxi alone was 50 Pounds), I was told by the Lufthansa checkin personnel that I DO NOT HAVE A TICKET for the flight to Frankfurt. They then helped me to call the airline and after about 30 minutes of waiting on the line and trying different wrong numbers that they publish online and in other places, we could speak with a Condor representative.

He confirmed that my ticket was canceled and he could not help me get into the flight to Frankfurt. He did not give any reason why my ticket was canceled and why I was NOT notified about it.

As I had to reach Havana I had to purchase another ticket vie Madrid, sold by BA and operated by Iberia, for more than 700 Pounds which is more than twice the price that I thought I'd pay as the Condor ticket was just $632.

What you can understand from this story is the following - this company CANNOT be trusted. You may purchase a ticket online  on their website, your credit card be charged, you  will receive an email confirming the purchase yes STILL you will not be allowed to board the flight. This company should be avoided at all cost! You've been warned!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 02:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Condor-Flugdienst/internet/Condor-Flugdienst-Condor-Airline-Condor-Born-to-Fly-Condor-Flugdienst-DO-NOT-FLY-WITH-CO-998978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Condor Flugdienst