Complaint Review: Connect America Medical Alert Company

• Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By: Theola — Jacksonville Florida United States of America
Connect America Medical Alert Company
2193 West Chester Pike Broomall, Pennsylvania United States of America

Connect America Medical Alert Company Ripped off for $89.95 not due to them Broomall, Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Theola - Jacksonville, FL - Refund

I got service with this company because I had a stroke and be at home alone from time to time. So in June, 2012 I was hospitalized for 2 months and after that I was in Rehab for 2 two months, at that time I suspended the service. So when I came home I restarted the service for a short period of tme  maybe 3 weeks at the most then I was hospitalized again in Oct, 2012. I called and suspended te service again. So I came home in January, 2013 at that time I just cancelled th service and was told If i send the equipment back by January 15, I would get a full refund. Well that is not happening, they are upset because I did not use the service. I sent the equipmet back and they received it on January 9, 2013. I called and they are flat out refusing to give me my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Connect-America-Medical-Alert-Company/Broomall-Pennsylvania-19008/Connect-America-Medical-Alert-Company-Ripped-off-for-8995-not-due-to-them-Broomall-Pen-1003416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Connect America Medical Alert Company

Theola - Jacksonville, FL - Refund

AUTHOR: Connect America.com, LLC - (United States of America)

I am responding to the report filed by Theola in Jacksonville, FL.  I looked into this account and find that although Theola had the unit nine months, it was suspended for six of those months.  The employee she spoke with did not read the notes on the account thoroughly.

We are a good company with a great reputation and to see something like this on the Web is very disturbing.  This customer should have been refunded the $89.85 she was asking for.  I apologize that she had to go this far to obtain that refund.

I have put through a refund of the $89.85 to go back to her credit card.  Again, please accept my apologies for this not being handled in the first place.

Sincerely,