Complaint Review: Connect America

• Updated: Fri, April 05, 2013

• Reported By: Mary — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Connect America
2193 West Chester Pike Broomall, Pennsylvania United States of America

Connect America Medical Alert Systems By Connect America Connect America/Medical Alarm KEEPS charging my credit card Broomall, Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Mary - United States of America

Connect America, aka Medical Alarm company, continues to charge my credit card for their personal (elderly) alarm system which we had for my mother, even though we returned the unit.  I even gave them the post office tracking info since they claim they do not have the unit in their possession...

In addition, I asked their billing dept to DELETE all of my credit card information from their system months ago and they said they were doing it as we spoke. Unfortunately, this company still has my credit card info and charged my credit card $329.00, the future yearly cost of this device, even though they have the unit.

If you choose to do business with this company, my advice to you is:

1. if you return their unit,. MAIL IT REGISTERED OR CERTIFIED MAIL SO THAT YOU CAN TRACK ITS RECEIPT!
2. Do not hold your breath waiting for their customer service OR billing depts to return your call.  They leave you on hold FOREVER, then a recorded message says they will call you back, which never happens...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2013 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Connect-America/Broomall-Pennsylvania-19008/Connect-America-Medical-Alert-Systems-By-Connect-America-Connect-AmericaMedical-Alarm-KEE-1041003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Connect America

Mary - United States of America

AUTHOR: Connect America.com, LLC - ()

Dear Mary,

In reference to you complaint regarding Connect America/Medical Alert, please accept our apology for the problems you encountered when canceling your service.

We do advise anyone returning the equipment, to ship it via a carrier that provides a tracking number. We know that mistakes can be made and this is our way of insuring that every unit returned is accounted for.  I don't know who you are so I am unable to make sure the account has been canceled and the refund processed.

If you will provide me with the neccessary information (name of user and address), I will gladly go into the account and make sure that everything is done.  This will include making sure that the credit card information is deleted. I can be reached at barb@connectamerica.com.

I am sorry you ran into a situation like this, and I would like the opportunity to make it right.

Sincerely,