Complaint Review: Connect My DNA

• Reported By: Danny — Allentown Pennsylvania
Connect My DNA

Connect My DNA DNA Collection Kit Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ConnectMyDNA

I received a promotion to purchase this "DNA kit" through Living Social and wished I hadn't purchased it. The results are totally unreliable. I am Asian and according to Connect My DNA, I'm either European or African (or share more genetic traits with them than Asians!). This is a complete scam and I'm going to report the business to a government agency and I encourage you to do the same. My parents are in Ohio and I may just visit their lab to see if they even have one. They proclaim it's not an ancestry test, but I was hoping they would provide some useful information. Please DO NOT fall for this scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2013 03:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Connect-My-DNA/internet/Connect-My-DNA-DNA-Collection-Kit-Internet-1044890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Connect My DNA

ConnectMyDNA

AUTHOR: DDC - ()

You are correct, ConnectMyDNA is not an ancestry test.  Unlike an Ancestry test that delves into past human migration patterns and your personal heritage, ConnectMyDNA compares your personal genetic markers to our databases to determine which modern population group you most closely resemble.

The database (country) where the frequency of similarities is most common is indicated as your top
connection.  You will have a top connection in each region (regions are chosen by the consumer).