Complaint Review: ConnectMyDNA

• Reported By: Jennifer — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
ConnectMyDNA

ConnectMyDNA DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ConnectMyDNA and Your Results

I wanted to add a report because my husband and I both wasted our money on this. We were so excited to get our results and they were a huge disappointment. My country was Iraq... really??? My husband's results were equally disappointing.

I was sure there was an error, so I wrote to them and got a response very similar to what they have posted as rebuttals here on other reports.

I seriously question what aspects of our DNA are being tested and how they come to their results. Please don't waste your money! I wish I could get mine back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2012 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ConnectMyDNA/internet/ConnectMyDNA-DONT-WASTE-YOUR-MONEY-Internet-934725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ConnectMyDNA

ConnectMyDNA and Your Results

AUTHOR: ConnectMyDNA - (United States of America)

Thank you for your comments.  We are not quite sure as to the responses you are referring to, however we do review each post and answer appropriately and provide you with as much information as we can to address your concern.

With respect to your results , we understand your concern in feeling like an error has been made through the testing process.  Rest assured, this is not the case.  The lab verifies all results to ensure their accuracy. Having said this, we want to make sure you understand what your results mean.

The test examines 13 genetic markers not your entire DNA genome, but merely a tiny fraction of your DNA that is used to produce your Gene Ring, your unique DNA profile. The 13 markers used in ConnectMyDNA are the standard DNA markers used for human identification and are not used for a typical ancestry test.

We chose these markers since all humans have these same markers as part of our DNA structure. At each marker, there are a number of possible forms (alleles) that the DNA can take and our test determines which forms you possess which are presented as numbers in the table and colored concentric circles on the Gene Ring. The frequency that the alleles occur at each locus has been established for a number of populations around the world. Using a population genetics formula known as the Hardy Weinberg Equation, we calculate your best fit to the population groups available and list them as your Country Match.  Although ConnectMyDNA does not indicate your ancestry (even though in some cases it may seem that way), it does show how connected we all are and how through human migration and evolution over time we inherited traces of these varying population groups that have become part of our DNA structure.

We are all connected as a human species. ConnectMyDNA visually makes this connection possible by showing you how at the very core we share similarities with populations we never imagined. It truly opens our eyes to exploring a new reality. Our goal was to create an affordable, fun, educational tool that everyone could use.

We hope this is helpful.