Complaint Review: Connecticute School of Broadcasting Westbury

• Reported By: vanboozled — Connecticut
Connecticute School of Broadcasting Westbury
Westbury, New York USA

Connecticute School of Broadcasting Westbury Total rip-off Westbury New York

*Author of original report: In all fairness...

I graduated from this place last year. This school is a bust from the beginning. The director, Peter, is not only a totally freaky dude, but a used car salesman and more into flirtiing with women a third of his age then working to get people work. I went because I was told that the school has extensive contacts that "will work tirelessly" to help graduates find work. It turned to not only be bs, it was a total bizarre situation. First, no instructor will talk about career path until "after the program". I, and my classmates were a little uneasy about this, I mean, who waits until a program is over to START looking for work or an internship. Turns out, they have no connections. We were told there were plenty of jobs when we get out (with experience in the industry, I knew this was bs.), and when we graduated, which was this really cheesy cermony where they hand out certificates for rediculous categories that mean nothing on dollar store certificates, no one would talk about work or help finding work. To add to the insult, the "work tiressly" means forward emails of jobs you can find yourself. I was literally scolded because I wanted to use a name of an instructior to apply to one of these email jobs. I don't want to sound angry, I made the decision, but unless you want to re live highschool for 12k, do not go anywhere near this place. They have no interest in helping people's career, their equipment is outdated and didn't work half the time, they are completely unorganized and unprofessional, and don't have the connections to help anyone. Also, when they hand out that pamphlet of "graduates" and where they work, try to find them, almost none of them are where they say. That is an honest, unemotional review.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 04:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Connecticute-School-of-Broadcasting-Westbury/Westbury-New-York/Connecticute-School-of-Broadcasting-Westbury-Total-rip-off-Westbury-New-York-1083523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Connecticute School of Broadcasting Westbury

In all fairness...

AUTHOR: vanboozled - ()

In all fairness, and so as not to take away from the very accurate an real nature of my original post, That guy Peter was not there when I went there. As far as I know he started maybe a year after I graduated, so my observations of him were limited to the times I went there to use the equipment. I got vamboozled by a different director, but the accuracy of my post is not disputable.