Complaint Review: Connections Dating-Hartford

• Submitted: Wed, May 09, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, May 09, 2012

• Reported By: Peter — Holden Massachusetts United States of America
Connections Dating-Hartford

Connections Dating-Hartford RIPOFF---They Delay You Having Access so you can't get a refund Internet, Internet

I recently joined this Hartford-based service, thinking that it was closer to where I lived.  I went in for an interview, completed paperwork, agreed to have a background check, and forked over my money.  I asked to see some profiles of existing members but was told that wasn't possible until I was approved (back ground check completed).

3 days later, I called them up to ask if I can gain access.  They told me they still had not received the report, and that it would be a few more days.  After a week, I was again told I wasn't yet approved.  I then told them that I worked for the government and that a) I was already cleared with a background check and b) it doesn't take that long.  A few hours later they called me to tell me that since the government had approved me, they would give me access.

I immediately accessed their web-based database and noticed virtually no one was active or current.  I called to ask for my $ back.  They told me that the 3 days had since expired.

In checking around, I now realize that I was taken, that electronic background checks, if they really even do them, take minutes/hours...not days.  This was a delay tactic on their part so that I wouldn't grow suspicious about having no one in the database.

Run for the hills...Connections Dating = Ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2012 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Connections-Dating-Hartford/internet/Connections-Dating-Hartford-RIPOFF-They-Delay-You-Having-Access-so-you-cant-get-a-refu-880317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Connections Dating-Hartford