Complaint Review: Conn's Appliance

• Reported By: jc — mustang Oklahoma United States of America
Conn's Appliance
28 SE 15th st Edmond, Oklahoma United States of America

Conn's Appliance 24 HOUR Return Policy Edmond, Oklahoma

*Author of original report: repair ordered

*Consumer Suggestion: What legal cause(s) do you have against them?

I want to inform all about Conn's 24 hour return policy.
I bought a TV 11 days later and it stopped working. I called the store. Was told that I would have to go back against the manufacturers warranty. They do not take back anything defective after 24 hours. We were given a number to call if we did not like that answer. Called it asked to speak to someone in charge. They would call us back we were told. That was 4 days ago and no calls.

I emailed their help desk ( That was a joke) I did get a response from them again stating we had a repair person coming to look at the TV next week. They stated again their return policy.
This is what I would like to get out there for people to see. they claim in big letters their return policy is:

14 days on computers, cameras camcorders
30 days on all other merchandise.
(This is only if it is in working order)

At the bottom of their folder it states 15% restocking fee on all unopened merchandise.
Merchandise that has completly failed within 24 hours of original purchase can be returned.
After 24 hours it goes against the manufacturers warranty.

It is now in the hands of my credit card company. I have a policy too. I don't pay for things that don't work. They won't get their money till I am happy.

So Conn's does not stand behind anything they sell!!! I will never darken their door again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2011 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conns-Appliance/Edmond-Oklahoma-73013/Conns-Appliance-24-HOUR-Return-Policy-Edmond-Oklahoma-740039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conn's Appliance

repair ordered

AUTHOR: jc - (United States of America)

Oh I have a repair man coming from the manufacter. I am just warning others to not shop at Conn's. They give you the inpression that you have 30 days till you read the fine print and that is only good if the product is working. If something is wrong it is your baby and you have to contact the manufacturer. I have learned so much about this company after my experience. It is crazy to have something new and not working and it will be a week before it can be looked at. Then parts ordered.....  Like I said I just want people to know about conn's.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

What legal cause(s) do you have against them?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Their return policy makes it pretty clear you need to contact the manufacturer to get your set repaired/replaced.

You will probably lose this dispute of the charges and end up with more headaches.

CALL THE MANUFACTURER and get it taken care of...geez.

Sorry your set failed, now help yourself in the only apparent way you can.