Complaint Review: Conn's Appliances

• Submitted: Thu, March 10, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, March 15, 2011

• Reported By: James — 78602 Texas United States of America
Conn's Appliances
1601 South IH-35 @ Gattis School Rd Ste. 500 Round Rock, Texas United States of America

Conn's Appliances Conns Refused to properly repair / falsely asked property manager to issue Criminal trespass warning to prevent me from coming back Round Rock, Texas

*Author of original report: Gloves - High temp bulb question

*Consumer Comment: That's a high temperature Bulb, are they wearing gloves when they install it?

READ THIS FIRST BEFORE BUYING FROM CONNS!!!!
we have bought over $6,000 worth of appliances from conns since 2007

We Bought our 65" DLP Mitsubishi TV in Oct 2007 ($2,400) with a 4 year service contract, we have had many (6) repeated failures on the same parts ( approx every 8 - 10 months). on the last visit the tech broke additional parts while trying to fix 1 , Conns refuses to troubleshoot the cause of the repeated failure. They have tried to blame it in everything from over use, improper ventilation, power conditioning.. the list goes on... every time they come out they end up scratching their head finding no issue.

I tried for weeks to get a call back from upper management they refused to even talk to me. I went in person to the store in round rock where i bought it to see if they could help me escalate the issue. while waiting in the parking lot for a call back from "Catherine" (sr manager over service) i shared my story with passers by . [continued below]....
....... the assistant store managers David and Jesse called Round Rock police to have me removed from the property. When they were told by police that i had done nothing wrong they got mad and called the property manager "Larry" and asked him to file "Criminal Trespassing Charges upon me" lying to him - telling him that i was belligerent and threatening people. Basically making me unable to return to that address for any reason without being arrested. Round Rock PD came back out and saw that i was not in fact doing any of that but were required to issue me the Criminal Trespass Warning as asked by the property manager regardless of not even being upset, much less by their childish actions.

I left as peacefully as i came and finally got in touch with the assistant to VP of store operations... she said she would look into the matter - but never called back after i told her that first they have to reverse the CTW on file with Round Rock PD. So for now we still have a broken TV sitting in the corner and a criminal trespass warning just for going back to where we bought it and asking them to escalate the issue to upper management.

I have been told in confidence that Conn's is using poor quality parts that don't have the same life expectancy as the manufacturer's. Example their replacement lamp bulbs are  made by "OSRAM" instead of "Phillips" the cost difference is huge. so instead of having 10,000 hour life the OSRAM has a 1000 - 5000 hour life. so they end up replacing it several times instead of once in 4 years.

I guess the name says it all bunch of CONN artist

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2011 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conns-Appliances/Round-Rock-Texas-78664/Conns-Appliances-Conns-Refused-to-properly-repair-falsely-asked-property-manager-to-iss-704861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conn's Appliances

Gloves - High temp bulb question

AUTHOR: James - (United States of America)

On the last 3 service calls no they have not used gloves... even when i asked and offered them some of my disposable nitrile gloves that i use in my shop.  but on the first 2 i know they did ... my problem is that on the first service call they replaced the entire lamp assembly, this happened in the first 90 days of ownership ... no need for gloves there. The life span is no different.. i think they are avoiding the real repair due to cost of repair / replacement.. their own service agreement says on the 3rd re-occurance of the same part they will exchange the unit.  we had 3 issues  in the first 90days on this unit... i don't think it was ever right or repaired correctly.

That's a high temperature Bulb, are they wearing gloves when they install it?

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

If not hand oil will break it, Use a plastic Bulb holder to install it, and the blowout problems will end.