Complaint Review: Conn's

• Submitted: Wed, December 28, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, December 28, 2011

• Reported By: Thomthom67 — edmond Oklahoma U.S.A.
Conn's
1600 S. Broadway Edmond, Oklahoma United States of America

Conn's Misleading Advertisment Edmond, Oklahoma

In the current Conn's advertisment for 12/25 to 12/31, they list an LG front loading washer and dryer for $1099.97. The Ad contains a listing for the monthly payment as low as $37.00 per month each and you are saving $675.00 with pair purchase and +FREE Pedestals.

In the same price box as the $1099.97 it says, Before 10% instant savings. We went in and looked around the store in Oklahoma and even confirmed with a salesman the price was correct after he verified it with another associate. He came over and told us that when they get a bunch of this in they will sell them like this.

We asked because the same model only in grey and stainless steel was $1199 each. This was a really great deal. We were pretty much ready to buy after an hour of additional research once getting home and I called them to ask about purchasing and delay delivery. I again confirmed with the original salesman I spoke with and he confirmed again and only after I said that is a great deal for that pair.

This is when dhe asked me to hold to verify the price. He came back after speaking with his mamager and they were still not sure of the price and had to call me back. The called and said it was $1099.97 each. I pointed out the ad does not say this and he said yes it is a little confusing. I said there is nothing that confused us until now.

If you look on the two pages of washer and dryer ad's, Every other set was listed as "EACH" except the, of course LG's. They have pictures of a washer and dryer and each says "only" and the dollar amount and not each under it.

I think they are using the LG good name to bait people into the store just to tell them, that is each not the pair. We were even going to be buying an entire kitchen of appliances soon but not from Conn's.

This is misleading espcially when "each" is listed on all the other ads for a washer and dryer. I live in a big but "small" town and word will be spread about how Conn's does business in Advertising.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2011 06:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conns/Edmond-Oklahoma-73034/Conns-Misleading-Advertisment-Edmond-Oklahoma-815098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conn's