invited

• Updated: Tue, April 17, 2012

• Reported By: Frustrated — Edmonton Alberta Canada
Conquest Financial Services
#301-885 Don Mills Rd Internet United States of America

Conquest Financial Services BEWARE!!!Ripped off and scammed by a company who I thought would help..SHAME on you Jeremy Murray, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: take them to court

*General Comment: Confirming that Conquest is a big rip off!

*Author of original report: Location of Conquest Financial Services

I was looking for funding and I found an advertisement in a little magazine publication. It seemed okay. It had a huge ad that drew me in saying all the right things, "No financial statements, tax returns, business plans, perfect credit or application fees". It was one of those companies that works with businesses who accepted (POS)credit cards and debit cards. I called just to get some information, next thing I knew I was filling out an application. For me to get funding it depended on my monthly interac sales, which was fine. I was approved right away but for me to get the funding I had to switch interac companies. Plus, I had to lease their (POS)machine. They took an annual members fee and a setup fee out of my account, something they did not mention and another fee by the leasing company. AND I STILL DID NOT GET ANY FUNDING! After all that they informed me that I needed a co-signer. So, got one and still no funding till months and months later. Finally, I got tired of waiting and calling with no avail, I tried to cancel. No such luck! Apparently, there is a cancellation fee which I can't afford so I let them take their monthly service charge out of my account every month. AND I'm locked into a non-cancelable lease agreement with an interac terminal I don't even use, and that monthly payment also is credited out of my account. They informed me that I can transfer to another person or business who wants it but chances on that happening is slim. Really should have went with my instincts on this one but was desperate for some extra funding. BBB gave them a low rating. I don't know what to do. Someone PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2010 10:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conquest-Financial-Services/internet/Conquest-Financial-Services-BEWARERipped-off-and-scammed-by-a-company-who-I-thought-wo-578932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conquest Financial Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

take them to court

AUTHOR: Kwikrik - ()

I had a similar experience with a different company the rep told me there would be no cancellation fees but when it came time to cancel I got a completely different story fees went from nothing to over $4000. I cancelled the account, as soon as I did they sent a collection company after me without even sending a bill or statement of any kind just the demand. I went to small claims court and made out a claim for the amount they were claiming and sent the papers to them cost me $70 plus postage. They backed down, the lease company wrote of the lease and I settled for a $300 as a cancellation fee instead probably could have got it down to nothing but was glad to get if over with. Rather an unconventional approach since I was suing for money I had not paid or lost but it worked.

#2 General Comment

Confirming that Conquest is a big rip off!

AUTHOR: Emma - (Canada)

I got into this contract with Conquest too and unbelievable how thay can charge so much with so little service after the terminal has been installed. I am a very small business owner and really wondering how people like Jeremy Murray was allowed to run a blood sucking business that preys on hard earned money like mine. I don't know how and where to get help. Something needs to be done to stop these monsters from victimizing others.

Location of Conquest Financial Services

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (Canada)

They are located in Toronto, Ont. CANADA