• Report: #320843

• Submitted: Tue, March 25, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 16, 2009

• Reported By:columbus formerly circleville Ohio
Conseco Finance / GreenTree
St. Peter Street St. Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.

Conseco Finance / GreenTree Deceptive practice / stole my home St. Paul Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Sold your house to Conseco?

*UPDATE Employee: Conseco Financial no longer exists, Green Tree is owned by someone else

Conseco Finance bought my home in 2001, declared bankruptcy less than one month later, and never paid a dime for it BUT 'sold' the paper to Green Tree Servicing who then put a lien on the house. Little did I know that Green Tree and Conseco were the same company and that they were just doing a shell game to swindle my neighbors and I out of our homes.

Even though I was able to produce signed documents from Conseco that they had purchased my home, Green Tree said they were not obligated to honor that because they had purchased my former mortgage from Conseco and they were now pursuing foreclosure. I still don't understand how they could steal my house and not have any obligation to pay what they'd agreed to on paper. They are apparently the very same company/people.

Part of what I don't understand is how they could foreclose on a mortgage that had already been sold. I sold my house to Conseco for enough to close the mortgage and give me a very small amount toward the down payment on another home. As it was, Conseco never paid a dime and Green Tree, less than a month later began demands for full payment of a mortgage I no longer hold.

Gm
columbus formerly circleville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Finance-GreenTree/St-Paul-Minnesota/Conseco-Finance-GreenTree-Deceptive-practice-stole-my-home-St-Paul-Minnesota-320843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco Finance / GreenTree

Sold your house to Conseco?

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

What you are saying makes no sense. Conseco Finance was a lending company, they did not purchase houses or property. You need to update your complaint with valid information.

Conseco Financial no longer exists, Green Tree is owned by someone else

AUTHOR: Mrpicture - (U.S.A.)

Sorrt for your trouble, but GTF has not been owned by Conseco for years, and Conseco has been an insurance only company since 2003.

Conseco Financial no longer exists, Green Tree is owned by someone else

AUTHOR: Mrpicture - (U.S.A.)