Complaint Review: Conseco Finance

• Submitted: Thu, October 16, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, October 16, 2003

• Reported By:spartanburg sc
Conseco Finance
332 Minnesota St Conseco Finance, Minnesota U.S.A.

Conseco Finance Greentree Financial degrading harrassment Minnesota

We got behind for 2 weeks on a payment and they called day and night and harrassed me and my husband, I had a stroke and my father had just died and my husband who has a heart condition and is disabled. They called for instance and told my husband he needs to get off his lazy a*s and go to work. that was their exact words. They said i may as well give them the house since i was sick and we could no longer afford it.

We hurried up and refinanced the house to get rid of them only to lose it anyway because we could not afford the new finance company wich is another story, but conseco charged us over 9000 dollars in early payoff fees for a 102,000 dollar loan and it ended up costing us 112,000 to refinance, then when the house was repossed we found out they had not even let the title office know the house had been refinanced and that cost us another 6 months of fees.

they kept calling even after the house was no longer with them and harassing us and we told them it was not their problem any more.

two years later we ended up broke and bankrupt and all because of their harassment, I am on disability now because of a stroke from diabetes and high blood pressure and the house I land and home I lost had been in my father's family since 1908, the house that was worth over 140,00 was sold for 38,000. I felt sick. Bank one and conseco did a number on us i was not of sound mind having had a stroke and my father just dying and my husband sick also with a nerve problem and heart trouble , now has a stent in his heart after having a bad heart attack.

Predatory lending should be stopped in south carolina before more people fall victim like us.

Freda
spartanburg, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2003 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Finance/Conseco-Finance-Minnesota-55101/Conseco-Finance-Greentree-Financial-degrading-harrassment-Minnesota-69335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco Finance