Complaint Review: Conseco Finance

• Submitted: Wed, April 02, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By:circle pines Minnesota
Conseco Finance
300 Landmark Towers345 St Peter Street St Paul, Minnesota United States of America

Conseco Finance deceptive dirty SOB green tree ripoff swindlers Nationwide USA

Conseco Finance,green Tree swindlers dirty SOB's deceptive company ripoff business from hell St Paul , Rapid City Minnesota, south dakota .....

Was finishing up on the final few months of my 10 year loan for mobile home, there was a $1000.00 added extra fee. After 3 seperate calls iI finaly got a responce of legal fees. What legal fees ? The house was never in default. 2 times in the past a letter was sent too correct ballance with in 30 days, but the account was caught up already and it crossed paths in mail. There was never any court date set ever. I do have a long record of paying all my bills every 2 months.

when conseco confronted me on this fee I asked for details cuz $1000.oo is alot for 2 letters not to mention some kind of justification is reasonable, all i wanted was a leter showing how they got figures then we could work out some agreement. The home was purchased on 9-26-92 , 10 year loan put me up to 9-26-02. I got a letter 10-06-02 stating insurance that was originaly figured in to the paymets has expired. I contacted the insurance company on so water damage - pluming - siding -water heater - heat tape on plastic water pipe had staple going through it in to the pipe - compression union 1/4 turn loose shooting a small stream of water up under floor rotting it out.

they replied i took too long to report it so too bad they cant help me . My boss states its all about $6000.00 worth of damage. Im ok with that i guess. on the 3rd contact with conseco and final payment on 12-10-02 i assumed that this extra fee was delt with $250 x 3 = $750. NOT . im told i need to make more payments till legal fees paid off- again i request some kind of figures or what this is about. finaly in Feb I was contacted by collections on this $1000.00 and the lady had no info for me on what charge s were for , also agreed I should have some statement of what charges are for.

I got a statement due march 10th showing $219.00 payment due with nothing past due. Finaly I called MOM for help- apearently the house has been repossesed but for $795.00 they can unreposses it with a generic lean release, the DMV has never heard of soch a thing.I have statements of my account history showing MIS charges -not payment or insurance on 8-29-96 $22.00, 7-27-99$113.00, 1-11-00 $163.00, 2-5-01 $120.00, 7-3-01 $33.00, 3-12-01$83.00, 3-26-01 $92.00, 5-07-01 $71.00, 5-22-01 $88.00 these alone add up to $800.00 The list of MIS charges too this day have never been explained accept for a small fee for intrest if past due date.

BULL [poo] two times in the same month for a hundered dollars. Why the hell do I got a bill due march 10th if my house is repossed already with nothing past f***ing due

Scott circle pines, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2003 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Finance/St-Paul-Minnesota-55102-1637/Conseco-Finance-deceptive-dirty-SOB-green-tree-ripoff-swindlers-Nationwide-USA-51413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco Finance