Complaint Review: Conseco Finance

• Submitted: Sat, February 01, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, February 01, 2003

• Reported By:Fayetteville Georgia
Conseco Finance
www.conseco.com St. Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Conseco Finance ripoff abused & mistreated St. Paul Minnesota

My husband and I first purchased our home in April of 2000. We decided to refinance in 2001 to pay off some bills and purchase some major appliances.

My interest rate was 15% my payment was to high I thought for the money that we were making at the time, I was told that I could get a lower interest rate in six months.

We could not get the lower rate, so we continued to try to make the $1452 payment which included both of us having a part time job.

We lost our part time jobs, and no one would return my calls regarding lowering my payments, we eventually got behind and then the telephone calls started.

I was harrassed at work and so were my coworkers whoever answered the phone would be harrassed they would call me on Sundays but no one could tell me why my bills were not paid but they wanted me to pay them.

I refused to pay until I was satisfied that my bills had been taken care of, which they could not do.

Our house is in forclosure and was to be sold until my lawyer informed them that I had major complaints about this loan and the fact that there is false information on the papers and I found out that my salary was changed to show that I made more money than I did.

This company is the leader in predatory lenders, I have had to move out of my home my credit is gone. I refuse to let them get away with this. I have contacted my lawyer and I am now trying to find out if there is a class action suit against Conseco so that I can put my name on the list.

I have read enough complaints on this site alone to know that I am not the only one they have done this to. If there is anyone that knows of a class action suit against them for predatory lending please let me know, I will be filing my own complaint with everyone that will listen.

Irma
Fayetteville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2003 12:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Finance/St-Paul-Minnesota/Conseco-Finance-ripoff-abused-mistreated-St-Paul-Minnesota-43717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco Finance