Complaint Review: Conseco Finance

• Submitted: Mon, June 21, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, July 23, 2006

• Reported By:Hohenwald Tennessee
Conseco Finance
7360 S. Kyreen Tempe, AZ 85283 Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Conseco Finance Payment Ripoff after Fire, Charged 4 Extra $489 Payments, delaying payoff. Tempe Arizona

*Consumer Comment: They did the same thing to me

Conseco finance delayed sending my insurance company the final payoff on my mortgage after a housefire July 23, 2002, taking 3 months to send the statement to the adjuster, then claiming they did not get the check sent by registered mail.

They signed for the check on Oct 10, 2002, but held it and claimed it never arrived, so they added an addidtional payment plus interest, and got it from my insurance with a new check. They ripped us off for almost $2,000 in additional fees and charges by their refusal to send the timely payoff request, and by lying about having received the check. I went to the post office with my receipt for mailing, and found out who had signed for it and when.

When I phoned Conseco, I was met with incredible hostility and rudeness, and refusal to address their dishonesty. They kept hanging up on me. I never recovered my money.

Wanda
Hohenwald, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2004 06:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Finance/Tempe-Arizona-85283/Conseco-Finance-Payment-Ripoff-after-Fire-Charged-4-Extra-489-Payments-delaying-payoff-95713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco Finance

They did the same thing to me

AUTHOR: Carrie - (U.S.A.)

My house burned down the 1st of Feb. 2000..my insurance was escrowed through them, they set it up for me every year. When my home burned, I called them for the insurance information, they gave it to me, and i made the call. They refused to talk to my insurance man after he came out and saw the house was totaled. It was 3 months before they would talk to him about any payoff amount. My insurance adjuster said they did that so they would not have to pay me anything, they also wanted me to pay Feb, March, April, May, and Junes payment since I had not. I told them they should have talked to my insurance company that THEY set up for me, and I wasnt going to pay them anything. So, their response was, then we will repossess your house. I told them to go ahead if they thought they could get what was left of it. It took about 3 weeks and we got the title after that conversation. I still cant believe this company is still operating...we took this to a lawyer in 2000 and said there were alot of complaints against Conseco/Greentree back then and if enough people had enough problems there could be a class action law suit..I would definately be in on it..just to ruin what little bit of pride they think they have....