Complaint Review: Conseco - Green Tree Finance

• Updated: Fri, April 09, 2010

• Reported By: BEVERLY — MIAMISBURG Ohio United States of America
Conseco - Green Tree Finance
PO BOX6172 RAPID CITY, South Dakota United States of America

Conseco - Green Tree Finance GREEN TREE WANTS THEIR CUSTOMER TO COMMIT CRIMES RAPID CITY, South Dakota

*Author of original report: GREENETREE DOESN'T LIKE IT WHEN WE GO TO AGENCIES TO GET HELP

My husband and I have had our home financed through Green Tree Financial for 10 years.  Two years ago we took out a new homerowners policy.  We have fought them for two years over not having insurance on our home.  we have had our agent fax them the information 8 different times.  Still the information is not on our account.  Over the 2 years they have called us continually over this.  We have been forced to pay for their insurance when we have our own.  Well, you can't double insure your property.  they have forced us to commit a crime.

Greene Tree has called me a lier.  They have threatened to forclose on our home for not taking their insurance.  I have done everything I possible can to prove to them I have insurance.  i don't know what else I can do.

Also I paid my payment online through my checking account.  The payment left my bank the day I entered it for payment.  It would take Green Tree two weeks to post that payment.  In the meantime they would call numerous times a day everyday harrassing us until they posted the payment.  Then they would charge us a late fee and report us as making late payments.  How can they get by with this?

They sent me self addressed envelopes and told me I had to mail my payment in.  I refused.  I started calling them to make my payment to find out they charge $12.00 to process the payment.

I agree a class action suit should be brought against them.  The Government needs to close them down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2010 11:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Green-Tree-Finance/RAPID-CITY-South-Dakota-57709-6172/Conseco-Green-Tree-Finance-GREEN-TREE-WANTS-THEIR-CUSTOMER-TO-COMMIT-CRIMES-RAPID-CITY-579231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco - Green Tree Finance

GREENETREE DOESN'T LIKE IT WHEN WE GO TO AGENCIES TO GET HELP

AUTHOR: BEVERLY - (United States of America)

I WROTE TO CONSUMER PRETECTION, THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF OHIO AND YOU GUYS.  I DID FINALLY GET MY INSURANCE ADDED TO MY ACCOUNT AFTER 2 YEARS OF FIGHTING THEM.  NOW I HAVE TO WRITE TO EVERYONE AGAIN BECAUSE THEY ARE REFUSING TO ANSWER WHEN WE CALL TO MAKE PAYMENTS ON OUR HOME.  THEY ARE FORCING US INTO FORCLOSEURE.  WE CALL WE PUT IN A OUR ACCOUNT NUMBER AND WE GO STRAIGHT TO VOICEMAIL AND CALL IS NEVER RETURNED.