Complaint Review: Conseco-Green Tree Mortgage

• Submitted: Fri, May 07, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, May 07, 2004

• Reported By:Carol Stream Illinois
Conseco-Green Tree Mortgage
Dept 0099 Palatine,, Illinois U.S.A.

Conseco-Green Tree Mortgage-Rip Off, Monsters, Cheats ripoff, lied, cheated, threatened, laughed Diamondback Arizona, Palatine, Illinois

I too had the same problems with Conseco, AKA Green Tree Mortgage.

My problem began when I was making bi-monthly payments, on the 15th and the 1st of the month as these were my pay periods. Conceco however was crediting my payments as the 1st and the 15th, thus making my second payment late.However as I would set these payments up by phone each 3rd month, I was never aware of the late fees being racked up on my account. not made known.

When the news reported Conceco going bankrupt I began reciving harrasing phone calls, telling me I owed approx 4000.00 in lates fees and that I needed to be brought up to date or my home would be forclosed upon. ALl this stemming from the fact that I was paying 15th and the 1st and they were crediting my account as the 1st and the 15th.

Try calling and speaking to one of these bozos, they are rude and ignorant and most of all STUPID.

One individual in particular was the most offensive ROBERT HAYES...ROBERT HAYES threatned me in addition to calling my mother and father and telling them I was in danger of losing my home. My mom and dad are not on my motgage. He told them they needed to quick collect 148.00 or my house would be forclosed. $148$$$ I thought I was behind 4K.

Needless to say I wiped all my saving out to get this past due paid so from the period of August thru December I began searching for a refinance company, oh by the way did I mention how bad Concesco messed up my credit??

I was able to find a mortgage broker and then when I called for payoff info was given one amount and at the actual time of closing COnseco had a different amount. After closing and title passed to new mortgage company, I recived a late due notice notice from Green Tree and a few months of phones calls telling me my account is past due. What a joke.

By the way have I mentioned what a horrible rotten person ROBERT HAYES is??? If that is his real name.

Krys
Carol Stream, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2004 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Green-Tree-Mortgage/Palatine-Illinois-60055-0099/Conseco-Green-Tree-Mortgage-Rip-Off-Monsters-Cheats-ripoff-lied-cheated-threatened-l-90555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco-Green Tree Mortgage