Complaint Review: Conseco - Green Tree Servicing, LLC

• Updated: Wed, October 28, 2009

• Reported By: Csoucy3 — N Las Vegas Nevada USA
Conseco - Green Tree Servicing, LLC
PO BOx 6172 Rapid City, South Dakota United States of America

Conseco - Green Tree Servicing, LLC Fax number ; Recovery customer service Rapid City South Dakota

I recently received a letter from Green Tree Servicing LLC that I owed $58,000 on a house that sold on a short sale in Oct 2008 and that collections would shortly begin.  I called their 800 # to explain the debt had been cancelled in 2008.  I also called my mortgage company to comfirm this fact.  Gree Tree stated I needed to Fax proof of this to the recovery department.  He gave me a phony number that was no fax number. I sent a letter registered mail with the explaination to Green Tree.

Then I received another collections letter again stating I owed them $58,000 and how to set up payments.  I got my Federal Tax records which contained the cancellation of debt 1099C which is proof of debt cancellation and called the local main number.  I asked for the recovery department Fax number and she connected me again with the recorded one hour wait number.  I called the receptionist back and she satated that was the ONLY number she had for anyone at Green Tree.

I had to call the main number again, ask for payroll, and lie my butt off to get the actual fax number which is NOT in South Dakota but in Phoenix  Arizona.  This company is a sham and should be shut down.  They are indicative of every rip off company that exists in America today.  The Fax number for Green Tree Financial Recovery Department is 480-383-0629.  Good luck

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2009 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Green-Tree-Servicing-LLC/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-/Conseco-Green-Tree-Servicing-LLC-Fax-number-Recovery-customer-service-Rapid-City-Sou-516183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco - Green Tree Servicing, LLC