Complaint Review: Conseco - Green Tree Servicing

• Submitted: Wed, November 19, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, December 30, 2007

• Reported By:Key West Florida
Conseco - Green Tree Servicing
Manufactured Housing Divivsion, P.O. Box 6172, Rapid City,, South Dakota U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-864-3365
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Conseco - Green Tree Servicing LLC Loan Assumption Rapid City, South Dakota

*Consumer Suggestion: Striderq needs to check his facts! The "Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act" NO LONGER EXISTS!

*Consumer Comment: Soldiers & Sailors Relief Act

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: MY BOSS AT CONSECO TOLD ME TO REPO A HOME A SOLDER OWNED AT TIME OF WAR

*Consumer Comment: The Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act of 1942

*UPDATE Employee: Employee from Green Tree would can assist you

I am in the US Navy, Stationed in Key West, FL. for one year now. I own a Mobile Home in Chesapeake, VA. Which when Conseco went bankrupt they shut down there loan department. I had several people look and wanted to assume the loan but Conseco would always turn them down they new prior to going Bankrupt that they would no longer offer mobile home loans they led me to believe that someone would qualify which one individual that looked at my home after being turned down went and purchased a home for 75000 more than my home was.

I had no choice due to my transfer in DEC to leave my house in VA. In addition, was going to voluntary return the home. In FEB we received a certified letter of someone wanting to move in after talking with Conseco everything was arranged and they moved in. Now here it is NOV and we are still trying to turn everything over to the guy that moved in my house with Conceco / Green Tree's permission.

Green tree has finally sent me the requirements to get everything done but there is a problem. I am unable to return to VA to do what they want, it was understood by both party's mine and the person living there that it would be transferred when Green tree started financing again they are still giving me the run around here it is almost a year later and nothing has been done by this company to try to fix the situation the guy has been paying the loan and they even give him a hard time for paying.

I do not know what the problem is he has been living there since FEB why cant it be transferred with them doing the leg work they have caused mental anguish on me and my family trying to get this taking care of now they want more I put some one in the house so they would not have to repossess the home.

Kenneth
Key West, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2003 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Green-Tree-Servicing/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57709-6172/Conseco-Green-Tree-Servicing-LLC-Loan-Assumption-Rapid-City-South-Dakota-72435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco - Green Tree Servicing

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Striderq,

The "Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act" NO LONGER EXISTS!

It has been replaced, in it's entirety by the SERVICEMEMBERS CIVIL RELIEF ACT.

It is for GUARD and RESERVE forces called to active duty, regardless of deployment location. I have personally used this act.

>>>
Soldiers & Sailors Relief Act
Is for people in the reserve components who were ordered to active duty and lost income because of this. it does not apply to individuals in active military service. there is another report her wher someone says this act has been updated, but it is still for reserve forces personnel only.

Striderq
Columbia, South Carolina
>>>

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Brenda - (U.S.A.)

Yes, I worked for COnseco finance and I was told by CHRISTY and JIM DEMAYO to reposses a Moble Home of a solder who was in war in Iraq. This is was after he fell three months behind after 9/11. I said I cant and they gave it to another person. They are crooked.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act of 1942

AUTHOR: Wagen Load Productions - (U.S.A.)

Most military personnel do not realize that there is a specific credit law that pertains specifically to their situation entitled The Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act of 1942, which is still in effect today.

The Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act of 1942 lowers the finance charges to 6% upon notification that your family's military personnel are on active duty. A copy of your orders should be sent to your creditor at the address listed on your statement. This act doesn't reduce the finance charges for debts incurred, after your military personnel enter the Armed Forces. The finance charge is lowered until your family's military personnel are off of active duty. At that time, the rate will increase until it reaches the original contractual annual percentage rate, or APR.

For more information on credit laws that pertain to the general population, please see my website at www.womba.com, entitled http://www.xomba.com/how_to_receive_credit_understand_credit_laws

Employee from Green Tree would can assist you

AUTHOR: Laura - (U.S.A.)

In reading your Rip-off report I felt there were some items I can help to clear up and assist you with.

I am an employee of the Mobile Home Division of Green Tree. Just contact me in the Virginia region, 800-627-5827 and ask for Laura and I will try to assist you. Make sure you have your account number so I know this isn't someone playing games.

Hope I can assist you.