Complaint Review: Conseco - Green Tree

• Submitted: Tue, June 08, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, June 08, 2004

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Conseco - Green Tree
7800 W Ih 10 San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 210-525-1707 -117
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Conseco aka Green Tree harassed and mentally abused me! Rip-off! San Antonio Texas

My mother received a phone call from Mike at Green Tree Sevicing in the San Antonio office. He was very rude to her and hung up on her when she explained to him that she could not help him with the situation. I received a recorded message at work from Mike calling me a Fraud and making several threats. (i.e. He was going to turn me into the authorities for Check fraud)

The situation goes like this:
I scheduled a payment to be automatically debited from my account on May 28th. On May 31st I found out that my husband had closed that account without my knowledge. I immediately called Mike to inform him of this. He asked me to send the payment in by Western Union. I agreed. I was off of work the next day so I decided to open up a new account and just send the check by mail instead.

Yesterday, after finding the threatening recorded message calling me a fraud, I returned his phone call he was very rude. I confronted him on the phone call to my mother and reminded him of my phone call to him informing him of the account that was closed and our arrangement. He said that my mother had problems and I either had to get her memory or hearing checked. This is where it got ugly.

I told him that was totally uncalled for and that she had no reason to lie. After all, he was the one who called her. I admit that I did use some foul language but only after he called me a fraud and a liar. He claims that I intentionally sent the check knowing that the account was closed and that I was too cheap to send it Western Union - yes- he said Cheap!

He repeatedly called me a liar about the second check that was made out to cover some of the amount due. After several minutes of arguing back and forth and asking him to let me speak to someone else, I hung up the phone. I took a minute to collect myself and called back asking to speak to someone else. This is when Jamie Marin answered.

He introduced himself as the Collections Manager and I was relieved. I asked him to give me a minute because at this point I was in tears. Much to my amazement - he defended Mike and said that Mike was only saying those things because I was lying. I asked him to record the phone calls that I was making and he said that it wouldn't make a difference because nobody could do anything to him for speaking to me in this way. He made fun of the fact that when he answered the phone I was crying and called me a "wanna be bad ass with a big mouth"! I could not believe my ears! This was the manager!

I felt hopeless and trapped. Who was going to help me if not the mananger?

I did use a lot of foul and vulgar language because I was constantly being insulted. Mr. Marin told me repeatedly that I sounded like trash and like the type of person who would pocket the money from my renters and that I probably had a mediocre job and didn't amount to anything. I could hear Mike in the background laughing and yelling mean and hurtful things. Both parties used a lot of vulgar language and there was much name calling.

I cannot describe the trauma this has caused me. My blood pressure is through the roof, I cannot sleep and I am physically ill! I honestly thought that I had dialed the wrong number and was speaking to teenagers. I have never been so humiliated in my life. I am going to have a problem conducting business with them since I refuse to call them again.

Tina
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2004 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Green-Tree/San-Antonio-Texas-78230/Conseco-aka-Green-Tree-harassed-and-mentally-abused-me-Rip-off-San-Antonio-Texas-94097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco - Green Tree