Complaint Review: Conseco - Green Tree

• Submitted: Tue, February 07, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, February 07, 2006

• Reported By:Carelton Michigan
Conseco - Green Tree
800 N Landmark St. Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.

Conseco - Green Tree What a hideous company to be involved with, ripoff St. Paul Minnesota

I also financed a home through Greentree, then Conseco, now Greentree again in 1998 for 39999. It is a single wide that was placed in a park that they chose for me. I currently after 7.5 long years still owe 37900, the only reason I have gotten that far is I started working in the mortgage business three years after I bought this home from that hideous person who lied to me and I found that bi weekly payments are more effective so I started that and it is working ok.

I would love to know how to get out from under this place but there is no one that I have found that knows anyhting about this and says we are stuck for the nect 22 years. I work on this almost everyday of my life becuase I refuse to accept that answer.
I have been making mostly 1.5 times the payment amount in two equal installments every month now for a while and I am frustrated.

I was a very uneducated buyer and mostly this is my fault and I accept responsibility for that, however, there has to be someone,somewhere that can give some advice other that pay it off. Even at 600 a month bi weekly it will take another ten years, I want my family to grow into a larger house not remain the same.

If you can avoid this company do it, do not believe anything anyone who tries to sell you one of these says unless there is documentation to prove it and never take someones word, get it in writing or record the conversation. I guarantee you will need it again someday.

If anyone can help, please write back

Thanks

Amy
Carelton, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2006 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Green-Tree/St-Paul-Minnesota/Conseco-Green-Tree-What-a-hideous-company-to-be-involved-with-ripoff-St-Paul-Minnesota-175202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco - Green Tree