Complaint Review: Conseco - Greentree

• Submitted: Mon, November 24, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, November 24, 2003

• Reported By:faith North Carolina
Conseco - Greentree
800 Landmark Towers L800M St. Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.

Conseco/Greentree ripoff! Unfair charge. St. Paul Minnesota

Right now me and my family of 5 are in hard times. My husband is only one that is able to work and we have gotten a couple months behind on our pymt. What I am upset about is the fact that we got a msg from them saying that we were behind the couple of months (which I agree) and now they have started legal actions and they have tacked on a $700 legal fee to the amount we owe.

How is it possible that we are responsible for the legal fee if they are the ones taking out the legal action? And they have not sent us anything stating their actions in the mail. Everything was stated on the phone. How is it possible to add more funds to a person's account without notifying them in writing first? I thought that cert. letter or such had to be followed through with before someone could do something like that.

I am going now to send them $400 by quick collect and then have to find a way to call them. Our phone was disconnected couple days ago due to money trouble and lucky my dsl hasn't died on me yet. I hate being behind, but I don't see where we owe the extra $700. If anyone has any recommends or solutions please let me know.

Ginger
faith, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2003 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Greentree/St-Paul-Minnesota-55102/ConsecoGreentree-ripoff-Unfair-charge-St-Paul-Minnesota-72921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco - Greentree