• Report: #1928

• Submitted: Sat, April 01, 2000
  • Updated: Sat, April 01, 2000

• Reported By:lafayette co
Conseco (formerly Greentree)master card
P O Box 6153 Rapid City, South Dakota U.S.A.

Conseco-Greentree Mastercard-Doesn't correct fraud charges

On May 27th,1999 a fraudulant charge appeared on my master card bill. I paid the entire balance minus the disputed charge. My next statement still showed the disputed charge plus they charged me interest on the disputed amount. I have written several letters & called several times. I have been told it takes many months for them to even respond. It has now been nearly 1 full year and they only say they will get to investigating when they get to it!! The month after I was charged interest I decided to pay the disputed amount plus the interest they charged to keep matters from getting worse. They obviously dont care about customers. I know disputed charges are suppose to be resolved within a time frame much less than 1 year. Who regulates credit card companies? When the billing was handled by Greentree it was ok but Conseco has a terrible attitude and I'm certain hasnt done anything to investigate my dispute. (The charge in question was billed by a company in Brussells Be!!)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-formerly-Greentreemaster-card/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57709/Conseco-Greentree-Mastercard-Doesnt-correct-fraud-charges-1928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco (formerly Greentree)master card