Complaint Review: Conseco

• Submitted: Wed, July 02, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, August 11, 2004

• Reported By:Meadville Pennsylvania
Conseco
1400 Turbine Drive Wexford, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Conseco ripoff abused & mistreated Wexford Pennsylvania

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I may be of some assistance

*Consumer Suggestion: Conseco was being sold to Greentree again!

*Consumer Comment: tax sale also, would like update on your situations if possible

*Consumer Comment: Conseco Ripoff Threats!!

*Consumer Comment: Conseco Finance used to be Greentree.

*Author of original report: Scam Artist, The Mob! ..conseco has been bought out by GreenTree

I have been disabled since July 2002, living on worker's compensation. My Real Estate taxes are behind to the point of going into a tax sale on my trailer. I called in June 2003 to explain my situation and was told by a Barbara that they would take care of the taxes,and would not let this happen. I was 2 payments behind I made a payment over the phone at that time and before that a Luke from the same office really gave us a bad time because we were behind on payments and aked when could we be out!

Also before that he called my daughter and raised hell with her saying don't you get along with your mother!! My wife talked to Luke and he told her that we were going to have to move in with her daughter!! I requested a disabilty extention and he screemed at me! He would not help us because we file d a bankrupsy in 1998, but we did sign a form agreeing to continue making payments, which we have been trying to do!

i tried to explin that the reason the payment was behind was that I was trying to get the taxes caught up enough to make payment arrangements with the local tax office.Today (7/2/2003) I called again to see if they received a copy of the tax notice and to see if they were going to pay the taxes, he received the copy but are not going to save the trailer from being sold by the tax office! And to let our trailer payment go to make a payment!

I have pay $1200.00 before Sept 25,2003 and hope that the tax office will let me make a agreement up. MY trailer payment is $302.00 monthly! Oh Did I mention my wife had to have a totel knee replacement and no income coming in from her side. Help!! Oh by the way the person I am complining about is in Wexford Pa

Samuel
Meadville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2003 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco/Wexford-Pennsylvania/Conseco-ripoff-abused-mistreated-Wexford-Pennsylvania-62617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

To everyone that is Concerned in the states of Pennsylvania,Ohio,West Virginia and Maryland all of the collections are done out of an office in Wexford Pennsylvania.

And are under the control or a regional manager named Carmine Amelio.I was an employee of the office and can attest to the fact that the collections department in in fact encouraged to go above and beyond normal collection procedures by management to get goals. It is not the fault of the individual collectors it is the management that pressures them with threats on their employment if the impossible goals are not met.

If you have a complaint I suggest that you e-mail the divisional manager Randy Shannon. His E-mail address is Randy.Shannon@gtservicing.com if there is still no resolve to the issue call your respective states Attorney General and file a complaint.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Conseco was being sold to Greentree again!

AUTHOR: Valerie - (U.S.A.)

I am writing in response to Nancy in Orlando Fla.
We owed back taxes and our home was going to be sold at a tax sale if we did not pay our taxes. At the time Conseco was being sold to Greentree again! I talked to a nice lady ther that said that they would not let the trailer go for a tax sale, and that they would pay the taxes to keep it from going into a tax sale, I tried and tried to talk to Luke in Wexford Pa and faxed several copys of the tax sale and what we owed to them to no avail, the dead line was coming up fast no response, the only thing I knew to do is get the Attorney General in our state to help us,and so help me they did get the ball rolling, Luke called and harrassed me as usual, stating that because I reported him to the attorney General that he was going to reposess, I again got in touch with the attorney general and told them what he had said, in a 2 weeks I found out that GreenTree had paid off the taxes.I found out by checking at the tax office or Treasurers office where they were in collection. GreenTree added the amount in with our payment.

tax sale also, would like update on your situations if possible

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

I too had to deal with green tree.conseco, green tree,why would such a big lender want to keep changing thier name ,inever seem to be able to get last names of people i speak to there ,i never seem to be able to get thier agreements that that make with me in writing,they alsopromised to advance funds to pay my property taxes and they conviently forgot to file the paper work on it so now my home did get put up for action at tax sale ,and the women who bought it is sueing me for quiet title i have to go tocourt mon 3/29/04 alone i cant afford an attorney either and ive lived here 16 years before conseco even came into the picture,i dont know how to fight this becaue the purchaser didnt evn know i had a mortgage cause conseco never filed thier new address or name with the county to go with my records. please help with any info that could help thanks nancy

Conseco Ripoff Threats!!

AUTHOR: Samuel - (U.S.A.)

Hello, I am questioning the last rebutal. In my first complaint, a so called Luke from Wexford Pa. Told me to let this month's payment go and pay on my taxes. I am conserned that if the new company, or Luke decide to put repo papers out if I let the payments go to pay taxes, that even if I get my taxes paid that they could repo the home. We are living right now on a fixed income and if I don't pay the taxes that for sure the trailer will be sold in a sheriff's sale. I understand that they can't do anything while in bankrupsy! But they do play games!! If I had not listened to Luke we would not be in this fix now.
Thank You Tammy for informing us.

A little history here.

Conseco Insurance group purchased Green Tree Finance in 1998 for $6 billion dollars. Green Tree Finance was then renamed to Conseco Finance Unit and was split into its various parts. Conseco insurance and Conseco Finance all declared bankruptcy and Conseco Insurance put Conseco Finance on the block. It was purchased by CFN Investments, a venture capital group consisting of Cerebrus Capital Management Lp, Chris Flowers Investments and Fortress Investment Group. The sale is still pending due to bankruptcy negotiations with Conseco the main group. Also CFN Investments has moved that various groups and divisions in Conseco Finance undergo further bankruptcy proceedings so that they can reduce their obligations before they will agree to finalize their sale.

A week after Conseco Finance was sold on the auction block to CFN investments, 1000 employees in the Conseco Finance Headquarters division in St. Paul, Minnesota were laid off.

Basically, Conseco Finance is in limbo. It is only operating its basic functions and has a barebone staff which is constantly revolving. They have an owner but the sale is not final and Conseco Finance is still going through bankruptcy and liquidation procedures.

This explains why there are no numbers to call, no one knows anything and why billing practices are seriously messed up. They don't have enough staff to handle their customer base, they don't have any authority and direction on policy. They don't even have the means in my opinion to really take legal action.

I just say hang in there.

If we file a class action suit now while they are in bankruptcy proceedings, the settlements will never be paid because Conseco Finance will include the lawsuit in its settlement proceedings.

Scam Artist, The Mob! ..conseco has been bought out by GreenTree

AUTHOR: Samuel - (U.S.A.)

On 7/03/2003, I decovered that conseco has been bought out by GreenTree. Something is very fishy!! Because when we financed in 1997 the company's Name was GreenTree, then sold to Conseco in 1998 now GreenTree has bought Conseco!!!WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE???? Out right Con Artists!!! I do think that they are going to pay the taxes but then take the trailer. They will probably have someone come in and buy the trailer through the tax sale and take the home. Thats how they pull this shit!!
We are in the position that we can't afford a attorney, so PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYONE THAT CAN HELP US,PLEASE GET IN TOUCH.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC