• Report: #204978

Complaint Review: Consolidated Media Services And Leubke Baker & Associates (LBA)

• Submitted: Mon, August 07, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, August 07, 2006

• Reported By:Muskogee Oklahoma
Consolidated Media Services And Leubke Baker & Associates (LBA)
8903 N. Pioneer RD Peoria, Illinois U.S.A.

Consolidated Media Services And Leubke Baker & Associates, LBA Total Ripoff!! Peoria Illinois

I have been receiving numerous phone calls (one call every hour on the hour from 6pm to 9pm, since 5/2006) from a company called Luebke Baker & Associates (LBA), a debt consolidation company, stating that they have received a collection bill for my husband from Consolidated Media Services for 8 magazines that he supposedly ordered in 2002.

My first question was "Why haven't we heard anything about this before?", secondly "Why does my husband have no recollection of ordering these magazines?", and thirdly "Why hasn't my husband ever received any of these magazines?". Their responses were, "We just received this collection bill", "It was 4 years ago, maybe he doesn't remember", and, my favorite, "I don't know".

This company is telling me that my husband owed them $581.60, but that he has made a payment of $115 and now only owes $265. Besides the fact that $581.60 minus $115 does not equal $265, he has never made a payment to this company before in his life!! After receiving the first phone call, I looked both of these companies up on the internet and found numerous complaints on over 5 different websites.

The next time I talked to LBA, I informed the extremely rude bill collector that I thought this was a scam and I refused to pay my husband's debt. He hollered something about not believing everything I read on the Internet and asked how I knew these multiple (and boy do I mean multiple) complaints weren't the scam? I responded with "Would complaints with the Better Business Bureau be a scam?" He had no response except to hang up the phone on me!!!

I WOULD NOT GIVE EITHER OF THESE COMPANIES ANY MONEY AND DEFINETELY NOT YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION!

Kalin
Muskogee, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2006 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Media-Services-And-Leubke-Baker-Associates-LBA/Peoria-Illinois-61615/Consolidated-Media-Services-And-Leubke-Baker-Associates-LBA-Total-Ripoff-Peoria-Illin-204978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Media Services And Leubke Baker & Associates (LBA)