Complaint Review: Consolidated Media Services CMS

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, June 18, 2003

• Reported By:oakland California
Consolidated Media Services CMS
200 Chastain Center Blvd Kennesaw, Georgia U.S.A.

Consolidated Media Services CMS ripoff now want my credit card # fraudulent business Kennesaw Georgia

I received a phone call from a marketing co. Consolidated Media Services. They asked if I would like to order some magazines. The price $40.00 was to much for me to pay, reason I'm on a set income, I am disabled, so she gave me a better offer. She said I could pay $29.00 a mth so I agreed and we both went over the magazines i wanted.

So I gave her my credit card #, and they took first payment. In the mean while I waited for the magazines to arrive.

So 4 wks passed and I called back they said they would be coming in the mail but it wasn't sent out yet,
So I asked if I could change the order, in which we did change magazines.

At that time she said it would take another 6 to 10 wks to come. So I waited 2 mths passed and still no magazines. So I called and they said again it would take now 6 ks left to come , and while this guy had me on the phone. He now says I'm over due 2 mths.

Well well how was that I never got a magazine yet? He said they wouldn't send it till I payed passed due. Well I said why do I owe a pass due when when I never recived a bill or a magazine.

Well they said they did send a bill and they said they called, well if they did call why was i calling them? I asked to cancel. They told me now I was in a 3 yr contract.

So I asked that they send me the copy, well I knew I didn't sign no contract. So they said we had a verbal contract,well we didn't. So then they said they would send me the contrac, Well I got a invoice saying I owed $58.00 now due and a balance of $319.33. They wanted me to sign and give them my credit card #, well I'm not going to.

I canceled my card. They called one last time saying they would give me a discount ,well I still said where is my contract ,and told them I wanted to cancel ,they said well I can't cancel and now I'm not going to give you any discount.

And they said all I have to say now to you is bye ,and hung up. What do I do ,they did take and try to take more money, oh they also said I would be sent to their collections agency,oh one last bill this time an invoice saying I owed $58.00, I need help can I file on them ?

oakland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2003 10:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Media-Services-CMS/Kennesaw-Georgia-30144/Consolidated-Media-Services-CMS-ripoff-now-want-my-credit-card-fraudulent-business-Kenne-61119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Media Services CMS