Complaint Review: Consolidated Media Services, Luebke Baker & Associates

• Submitted: Tue, May 10, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, May 10, 2005

• Reported By:Travis AFB California
Consolidated Media Services, Luebke Baker & Associates
2550 Heritage Court Suite 106 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Consolidated Media, Luebke Baker & Associates Ripoff They called and said they were collecting a debt, after I had cancelled and stopped paying them 2 years ago. I was worried and gave them my info... again!! It's a scam!! Atlanta Georgia

I had just been stationed at a new base and had moved into an apartment. I received a phone call on my cell phone from someone offering me magazines. I was young and naive and gave them my information, though a little skeptical about it.

And then the payments started coming from my account. I called to cancel and was given a big explanation and ended up hanging up on them. (Meanwhile I had been scammed by another telemarketer who called when I was asleep and I gave out my information; they got away with over $300.00) So I changed my account information and my phone #.

And I called them back to cancel. Mind you I never got all of the magazines I was supposed to receive and never got the free gift. Well that was back in 2002-2003.

I have moved on base since then and have even gotten a new phone number but that doesn't stop them.

On April 29, 2005 I received a call from a company saying they were collecting a debt on behalf of Consolidated Media. (How did they get my new number??) They said that the price was for $300 but they would knock it down to $100 if I postdated a check that day. With a $10 charge for them having to get the money.

A flag went off in my head (why hadn't they called earlier.... or sent letters??) but I still gave them my information and a couple days later (May 5)the money disappeared from my account.

I told the bank about this (May 10) and they said they could do nothing since it was past 2 days since the money had been taken out. So I am now trying to figure out how to get it back. I have changed my account once again.

And I am going to hang up on everyone that sounds like telemarketer.

Pamela
Travis AFB, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2005 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Media-Services-Luebke-Baker-Associates/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Consolidated-Media-Luebke-Baker-Associates-Ripoff-They-called-and-said-they-were-collec-142187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Media Services, Luebke Baker & Associates