Complaint Review: Consolidated Media Services - Magazine Sweepstakes Ltd.

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, February 24, 2004

• Reported By:Bridge City Texas
Consolidated Media Services - Magazine Sweepstakes Ltd.
200 Chastain Center Blvd. Suite 200 Kennesaw, Georgia U.S.A.

Consolidated Media Services - Magazine Sweepstakes Ltd. BILLED 3 YEARS LATER FOR MAGAZINES I DON'T RECEIVE Kennesaw Georgia

I received a call last week from CMS stating that I owed them $478.56 for magazine subscriptions. It had been so long ago, about 3 years, that I had to get them to explain in detail what the call was about. After a few minutes, I told the woman that I receive 1 magazine (Working Mother) and no other. She listed several more magazines that I was supposed to be receiving, but no surprise that I do not. I told her to cancel the subscription immediately. She said that it was impossible.

So I have sent the last 2 issues of Working Mother as refused. What I am wondering is why in the last 3 years have I never received any call, letter or notification what so ever about a non payment. I would gladly pay for the 3 years of the magazine that I do receive, but not the other 4 that I do not receive. I also received a nasty letter from them today with a bill for $478.56 to pay in full and continue service, or I could send the discounted payment of $334.99 and cancel the subscription.

I may not be Einstein, but 3 years of 1 magazine does not add up to anywhere close to either of those amounts. Could use some advice here. Have never heard of a company that never sends a bill until 3 years later. If it helps anyone out, the letter was signed by Robert Walker - Manager. I count my blessings that I do not have a credit card and have not suffered the financial loss that others have. My only problem is that I'm afraid the annoying calls and letters are just beginning.

Angela
Bridge City, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2004 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Media-Services-Magazine-Sweepstakes-Ltd/Kennesaw-Georgia-30144/Consolidated-Media-Services-Magazine-Sweepstakes-Ltd-BILLED-3-YEARS-LATER-FOR-MAGAZINES-81720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Media Services - Magazine Sweepstakes Ltd.