Complaint Review: Consolidated Media Services

• Submitted: Tue, September 17, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, October 11, 2002

• Reported By:New Hope MN
Consolidated Media Services
2550 Heritage Media Services #106 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Consolidated Media Services ripoff consumer fraud ripoff Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: No good information

*UPDATE Employee: CMS Consolidated Media Services Employee

CMS called me late July 2002 saying I was entered for a sweepstakes for some bogus cash prize amount. But I would have to purchase magazines at a "discount price". Discount my @$$!

I never recieved the watch I was supposed to have won for buying magazines. Worst part, I wasn't told I had 10 days to cancel my account with them. And I never received the confirmation package either.

I called them back to try to cancel my account and they said that becuase it was after the 10 days I couldn't cancel. How am I going to know there was a 10 day grace period if I wasn't told so? I don't even get my magazines and confirmation package within the 10days to know if I like the "deal" or not. They also told me it was only going to be $3 per week ($12 per month) for 12 months. I was charged $66.65 twice already and no magazines. It's been almost 2 months!

Song
New HOPe, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2002 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Media-Services/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Consolidated-Media-Services-ripoff-consumer-fraud-ripoff-Atlanta-Georgia-30247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Media Services

No good information

AUTHOR: Rebecca - ()

The Web site that Spencer gives is not a valid web site. So much for helping out.

CMS Consolidated Media Services Employee

AUTHOR: Spencer - ()

My name is Spencer, I've been working for CMS for 4 months now. I would like to explain about some of the points stated in these complaints.

First of all, I assure you, we do have a sweepstakes, it's not bogus. We have the winners' pictures on our walls in the office, and some of my co-workers have met some of them, as they are flown to Atlanta for our holiday party in December, where they are presented with the $50,000.

As for the magazines, there should be NO misunderstanding, here is the deal:

My company asks you to buy 1 weekly magazine that (cover price) would cost app. $5 an issue. We offer it for $3.36 an issue. In return for taking that magazine, my company thanks you by giving you 3 monthly magazines of your choice for free. That averages out to just 12 dollars a month for 4 magazines, one of them weekly. THIS SERVICE RUNS FOR 36, 48, or 60 MONTHS! The total cost is then broken up into twelve monthly installments, so you pay for the whole 3, 4 or 5 years in the first year. The last years of service are then already payed for. Magazines can always be switched and changed to different titles for free.

Anyone who has NOT recieved their magazines and/or conformation package - that is a mistake. My deepest apoligies. You can call me personally at 1-800-704-4070 6:30-9:30 EST. Please do so, we will fix that problem. You can also call Customer Service, that number is available on our website - www.mosmags.com.

Hope this explains a little bit.

Thanks,