Complaint Review: Consolidated Media Services

*Consumer Comment: guilty by association

*Consumer Comment: CMS Harassment

*Consumer Comment: CMS Harassment

AROUND MAY THIS YEAR I WAS CONTACTED BY A CMS REPRESENTATIVE AND
ENTERED INTO A GROUP LOTTO AFTER WHICH I WAS ENCOURAGED TO PURCHASE A MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION AT REDUCED PRICES FOR THE MAGAZINES WHICH I THOUGHT WOULD BE A GREAT DEAL BUT SOON REALISED THAT IT WAS STILL EXPENSIVE.

THEY TOLD ME THAT IT WOULD TAKE ATLEAST A MONTH OR MORE BEFORE I RECEIVE MAGAZINES BUT I WOULD BE BILLED FOR IT.

AFTER SPEAKING TO MY MOTHER ABOUT THE SUBSCRIPTION SHE TOLD ME TO CANCEL IT SO THE NEXT TIME THEY CONTACTED ME I ASKED TO CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION, I WAS THEN INFORMED THAT THERE WAS A 14 DAY CANCELATION PERIOD AND I SHOULD HAVE RECIEVED DOCUMENTATION ABOUT THIS BUT I HAD RECEIVED THE DOCUMENTS AFTER THE 14 DAY PERIOD SO WAS STUCK WITH THE SUBSCRIPTION BUT REQUESTED THAT THE PAYMENTS BE MOVED FROM MY CREDIT CARD TO PAYMENT BY CHEQUE AND THIS WAS DONE BUT IN THE RECENT MONTHS, CHARGES FOR A LONG DISTANCE SERVICE HAVE BEEN APPEARING ON MY BANK STATEMENTS AND I HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THIS SERVICE, IN FACT I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE SERVICE WAS UNTIL I HAPPENED TO COME ACROSS THE CONSUMER REPORT ON YOUR SITE ABOUT CMS AND REALISED THAT I WAS IN THE SAME SITUATION AS THE PREVIOUS PERSON TO COMPLAIN.

I WILL NOW ATTEMPT TO HAVE THE SERVICES CANCELLED AND RETRIEVE MY MONEY.

I HAVE SEARCHED FOR A WHILE TO FIND A SITE FOR CMS MAGAZINES AS I HAVE NO DOCUMENTS WITH A SITE FOR THEM AND I FINNALY FOUND ONE, I SEARCHED FOR AN EMAIL ADRESS FOR THE COMPANY AND THE SITE IS SET UP SO THAT THEY SAY IF YOU HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS OR WISH TO EMAIL THEM THEN DO SO, BUT NO WHERE ON THE SITE IS AN ADDRESS OR A LINK TO ONE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Media-Services/Atlanta-Georgia-30353/Consolidated-Media-Service-rip-off-8568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Media Services

guilty by association

AUTHOR: Zia - (U.S.A.)

This is to the person who stated that CMS or whatever the hell they call themselves, filed for bankruptcy..

first of all.. don't defend a company that has no honor.

secondly - that would be aiding and abetting..that's a crime, genious!!!!!

These bastards ripped me off and I will show them no mercy i don't care if they file a million counts of bankruptcy....

have a good day

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Tiffany - (U.S.A.)

Cross Media Marketing has closed their doors and filed bankrupcy as of June 2003. I worked for them for 4 years. I know all of this companies procedures well. Some of these complaints are true and some are simple cases of a consumer hearing only what they want to hear. Not that its Ok, but be more careful. Thanks

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

CMS Harassment

AUTHOR: Marianna - (U.S.A.)

I have frequently been receiving phone calls about magazines that I did not order. I do not have any idea how they received my address and credit card number. I keep telling them that I did NOT order any magazines and I don't want any!

Today a woman phoned me about (renewing) my subscription. I said I could not RENEW it if I have NEVER ordered. I said I have not been receiving the magazines nor have I been billed for them.

I receive calls all the time from these people and it is very annoying. If I want their magazines I wil let them know, meanwhile, I wish they would leave this family alone. It's sad that some companies are so desperate for business that they have to resort to harrassing innocent people. People who have these kind of jobs need to find another way to make a living so the rest of us could have some peace.

CMS Harassment

AUTHOR: Marianna - (U.S.A.)