• Report: #20956

• Submitted: Thu, May 16, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2004

• Reported By:Saratoga Springs NY
Consolidated Media Services
www.cmsmags.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Consolidated Media Services(CMS) ripoff Atlanta Georgia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I tried to cancel, I was told that it was too late

*Consumer Comment: Lazy Magazine Company's Wanting to Make Money

I was contacted in early April by someone from this company about some sweepstakes and asked if I wanted to enter.

I was contacted a few days later by someone else and asked to buy magazines. I told her that I didnt really want them, but she asked my to try them for the trial period and I accepted.

I asked her when their pamphlet would be coming so that I could cancel it, and she said in four days and that I had two weeks after I received the pamphlet to cancel. Four weeks later I receive the pamphlet and call to cancel.

I was informed that I could not cancel because the two weeks had already passed. I informed him that I had just received the papers the other day and he told me that I was stuck.

I asked to speak to the supervisor(Stanley) and I explained the situation to him. He informed me that I had to weeks from the transaction date to cancel and that it was done on 9 April.

I looked at the terms and it said the latter of two weeks or three days of receiving the papers. I informed him that I had received the papers the day before and that I wanted to cancel and he told me that I was stuck and then hung up on me.

I have a small son and he is not cheap. I can't afford to pay $60 dollars a month for crappy magazines that I dont want. Now all the money that I put in his bank account every month is going to go to these people.

Cassandra
Saratoga Springs, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2002 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Media-Services/Atlanta-Georgia/Consolidated-Media-ServicesCMS-ripoff-Atlanta-Georgia-20956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Media Services

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I tried to cancel, I was told that it was too late

AUTHOR: Henry - (U.S.A.)

I received a call from a lady on a Saturday morning. She wanted me to purchase magazines and I really did not want them. She kept insisting that I try them out and that I would receive a diamond watch. After I tried to cancel, I was told that it was too late. the lady told me that I had thirty days, but when I tried they would not let me. I never received the watch and still do not want the magazines. They are a bunch of rip-offs. Next time anyone tries to sell something to me I am going to hang up on them.

Lazy Magazine Company's Wanting to Make Money

AUTHOR: Adam - (U.S.A.)

I was contacted over the phone by these people
selling magazine's, I told them I didn't have a job to pay for the magazine's and I really didn't want them. I ask for a phone number that I could call when I did want the magazine's and had the money if I really wanted the magazine's. They wouldn't give me a number and they took it out of my checking account and screw my banking and my life up. I have to many bills to pay and don't have the money to pay for my bills because of these people. And the magazine's is not really good for the price they are selling them for. It's more of a RIPP-OFF than anything.