Complaint Review: Consolidated Media Services

• Submitted: Fri, March 05, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, March 05, 2004

• Reported By:Williams Bay Wisconsin
Consolidated Media Services
200 Chastain Center Blvd. Suite 200 Kennesaw, Georgia U.S.A.

Consolidated Media Services calls constantly regarding rip-off magazines. Kennesaw Georgia

About three years ago, my husband got a credit card and was offered special offers regarding some magazines and he allowed his credit card to be billed - I know, big mistake. The magazines were paid for after a year. We have moved twice since then and the magazines have followed us. We haven't received a single invoice for any of them and have even attempted to contact them to cancel. They told us that we couldn't cancel because we still owed. They didn't offer an invoice or anything.

A month or so ago, the phone calls started. They don't call a specific time a day but they call often, sometimes 5 or 6 times a day. Since the mags are in my husband's name, they hang up when anyone else in the house answers the phone. I had called the number that appeared on my caller ID and got this message: All of our agents are busy helping other customers. Please stay on the line for the next available agent. There's nothing that states the name of the company or the business it performs. I waited for the next "agent" and was asked to give them an account number. I said I didn't have one and asked what kind of company this was. He then told me the name and left it at that.

They called again and I answered, again with them hanging up on me upon answering. I called the number again but this time it took me 4 times to talk with a human being. When I did talk with her, I asked her what this was regarding and she told me that she couldn't tell me unless I wanted to make a payment. I told her that I didn't know anything about the payments, that we had received nothing telling us and she said that she couldn't help me. I then told her that I was aware of the harrassment laws and that if she didn't stop, I would contact an attorney and hung up on her.

Since then, the phone calls keep coming, the hang-ups are still occuring and yesterday we received an invoice for over $400 with a statement saying that our account will be placed in collection if it's not paid. This morning they called twice within a 2-hour period. The second time I called, it sounded like someone was on the other end but wasn't saying anything. Before hanging up, I said, "I'm calling the police." I hung up and called my local police department and filed a report. He returned my call and led me to this site and also suggested I report it to my phone company, too. I did that, too. My next step will be an attorney.

Jessica
Williams Bay, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2004 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Media-Services/Kennesaw-Georgia-30144/Consolidated-Media-Services-calls-constantly-regarding-rip-off-magazines-Kennesaw-Georgia-82912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Media Services