Complaint Review: Consolidated Media Services

• Submitted: Thu, November 20, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, November 20, 2003

• Reported By:Johns Island South Carolina
Consolidated Media Services
200 Chatain Cntr Blvd Suite 200 Kennesaw, Georgia U.S.A.

Consolidated Media Services deceptive business practices Kennesaw Georgia

During an unsolicited phone call I was offered 7 monthly magazines for a 5 year subscription. I called them back within the next two days to cancel the subscriptions and they tried to tell me I couldn't cancel, that I had made a legally binding agreement. I told them to cancel anyway. They began to send two of the 5 magazines on a monthly basis. I again asked them to cancel the subscription.

I sent them one payment to cover what they ahd already sent and then they turned me over to a collection agency, National Recovery Systems. I settled with NRS for about $300 just to get them off my back.

A year later I am getting calls from 5 different collection agencies trying to collect the original debt. I have told each of them that I have already settled with NRS and they try to claim that I still owe money. I am strongly considering notifying the Georgia and South Carolina Attorney Generals Offices to see about filing a class action lawsuit.

Kevin
Johns Island, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2003 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Media-Services/Kennesaw-Georgia-30144/Consolidated-Media-Services-deceptive-business-practices-Kennesaw-Georgia-72603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Media Services