Complaint Review: Consolidated Media Services

• Submitted: Fri, December 26, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, December 26, 2003

• Reported By:manassas Virginia
Consolidated Media Services
200 Chastain Center Blvd, Suite 200 Kennesaw, Georgia U.S.A.

Media Services ripoff The Big Scam Artist Consolidated Ripoff, Harassment and intimidation Kennesaw Georgia

I was called by the above company about their magazine offer. After the first phone call they had an other person stating they were who ever's manager. I agreed on the phone to this. But they never did state that you had a 10 day period to cancel and by the time I did get the information it was way past that point. I have called several times telling them to cancel my subscription and to no longer take any money from my account. They then treated to send me to the credit bureau etc. Also when trying to call the person on the phone would either transfers you till you got a busy signal or just hung up on you. So when you do to try cancel they say they never talked to you.

What I have done so far is to file a complaint with the FTC the Better Business Bureau and I have written Consolidated Media Service with a letter to no longer charge any money against any acct with out my authorization and a immediate refund of all charges or further action will be taken. Certified mail.

I also CC: This letter with the FTC and I am sending a copy of this letter to all 3 credit bureaus. This tells them that there is a dispute with Consolidate Media Services Inc and they have to list this on your file. So anyone who looks it up sees the situation and what is going on. Something I learned from a friend in Collections.

My advice first off is to hang up the phone when ever you hear about a magazine offer on the phone. Second send letters to the FTC, Better Business Bureau and the Media about this. Nothing more damaging to a fraud then getting the word out. Also we might all consider joining forces and getting a class action suite started. I have come across a law firm in Florida that handles such cases and I have already given them my information.

Scott
manassas, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2003 09:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Media-Services/Kennesaw-Georgia-30144/Media-Services-ripoff-The-Big-Scam-Artist-Consolidated-Ripoff-Harassment-and-intimidation-75930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Media Services