Complaint Review: Consolidated Media Services

Consolidated Media Services
Nationwide U.S.A.

Consolidated Media Services telemarketing sweepstakes scam Nationwide

Hi,

I am really glad to have found this report. A few weeks ago I received a call from "Maria" at the "Dream for Life" sweepstakes saying that as a preferred credut card customer I had been entered in a drawing and won a diamond watch.

Then she said that they would send me some magazines that I would never read voluntarily, anyway. When I asked her if there was a charge for the magazines, she stuttered and said they were only $3.29 a week.

I told her that they could send me the watch but that I didn't authorize them to bill me for any magazines.

It's been 3 weeks and I haven't received the diamond watch, but I had been worrying that they could still scam me somehow through my agreement to accept the prize. But from the details here it looks like I did the right thing by not giving them my credit card number (which is always unnecessary to claim a prize, anyway!!!)

I don't have any info on this company other than the phony sweepstakes name, but I put this under the same heading because it sounds like it could be the same company. I will keep you posted if I can recall their # from my caller ID.

I also found out that if you think you've just received a call from a scam artist you can dial *57 and their number will appear on your phone bill so you can give it to the authorities.

Hope this helps.

Grateful
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2004 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Media-Services/nationwide/Consolidated-Media-Services-telemarketing-sweepstakes-scam-Nationwide-81812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Media Services