Complaint Review: Consolidated Smart Systems

• Updated: Thu, February 03, 2011

• Reported By: Ryan S — Encino California United States of America
Consolidated Smart Systems
2000 44th Street SW, Suite 201 Fargo, North Dakota United States of America

Consolidated Smart Systems HELP! Want to sue after they kept billing me after I moved out and wrecked my credit! Fargo, North Dakota

Consolidated Smart Systems is a company that large apartment complexes use to funnel DirecTV to their residents. For this "service" you pay $15 a month ON TOP of the DirecTV service. Most of the apartment complexes are forced to sign long contracts with CSS before they realize how horrible they are!

So anyways, I moved out in Sept-08 of the apartment complex and canceled my DirecTV service. However, CSS kept billing me even after I moved out. I called and told them I didn't live there anymore and canceled DirecTV, but they kept billing me. To the tune of $161! I refused to pay this bill and they sent it to collections. Once it got to collections, I had to pay it but it was too late, it already had hit my once perfect credit report. I filed a complaint with the BBB (Complaint #98495979)and got them to respond. They stated:

Company's Response

Company's Initial Response - Posted 03/18/2010
We have already corrected his billing. He has a refund of $161.23 coming back to him in the next batch files for refunds.

That was in March of last year and they still haven't sent met a check! So now I want to take them to small claims court! This is where I need help. I can't find where the company is located! They used to be a California Corporation under the name "Consolidated Smart Systems, Inc" but MERGED out and formed another company. If you pull their service contract from their website, it says they are now Consolidated Smart Broadband Systems, LLC out of Fargo ND. However, when I pull up a "business search" on the Secretary of State website for ND, he doesn't have them listed. How do I find this information so I can sue them correctly for the amount they owe me and for wrecking my credit!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2011 07:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Smart-Systems/Fargo-North-Dakota-58103/Consolidated-Smart-Systems-HELP-Want-to-sue-after-they-kept-billing-me-after-I-moved-out-690517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Smart Systems