Complaint Review: Construct Data Publishers A.S.

• Submitted: Thu, November 15, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: BMK — Maplewood New Jersey United States of America
Construct Data Publishers A.S.
Suche Myto 1 Internet United States of America

Construct Data Publishers A.S. FAIRGUIDE for Exhibitors Deliberately misleading "FREE" listing in their Exhibitor's directory is actually $1717/year in the fine print Bratislava, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Construct Data Fairguide ripoff

On 9/20/2012, I mistakenly completed and signed the form sent to me by Construct Data referencing HALLOWEEN & PARTY EXPO, Austin, TX (a legitimate exhibition provider I have exhibiting at for years).  The direct mail piece read: "This form is only for your correct listing as an individual advertising entry." and Your entry has been published to date for free under Halloween & Party Expo..."  It asked me to correct information for that listing.

The layout and wording of the form led me to incorrectly believe that it concerned a free entry in a show guide. This error was caused by Construct Data's deceptive & misleading layout of their mail piece.  Their fine print stated that the fee for their directory listing is $1717/year.

On October 2 I emailed them to cancel immediately.  No response.  On Oct 5, I emailed them and used their web mail forms on their website to cancel immediately.  No response.   On October 9th,  I also sent a letter by registered mail to Slovakia! In every email & in the letter,  I referenced my Invoice #, Order # and Customer #.

I continue to tell them that I entered into this agreement unwillingly and in error and by deliberate misdirection on their part.  I told them that I have no intention of using their service and requested a cancellation.  They continue to ignore this demand to cancellation.   Their tactics are deceptive and misleading and constitute "invoice fraud" as per the US Postal Inspection Service.

Furthermore, I have learned that other innocent businesses in many nations have likewise fallen victim to their misleading and deceptive business tactics.   I have absolutely no intention of honoring their specious demand.

Their threatening letter continue now threatening interest & penalties.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 04:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Construct-Data-Publishers-AS/internet/Construct-Data-Publishers-AS-FAIRGUIDE-for-Exhibitors-Deliberately-misleading-FREE-lis-969864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Construct Data Publishers A.S.

Construct Data Fairguide ripoff

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

This company was legally banned from working in Austria, and is now working out of Slovakia.  I am with an organization that went through the same as you.  Do not send any money, but send your detailed informtion to the US Embassy in Bratislava and let them know that this company is working a scam.  Ask for any assistance.  I did this, then sent this information to Construct Data.  CD replied very quickly that they would no langer be sending dunns to us.