• Report: #791942

• Updated: Tue, October 25, 2011

• Reported By: Michael — McHenry Illinois United States of America
Consumer Affairs and Business Relations
Los Angelos, California United States of America

Consumer Affairs and Business Relations - Law Firm, Nathan Rice; Los Angelos, California

I received a call on my work line, it went to voice mail.  The message was a thick accented male representing a law firm named 'Customer Affairs and Business Relations'; stating that I must call (951) 582-4834 immediately to avoid legal action in the state of California, County of Los Angeles.

I returned the call and was greeted rather gruffly by another male with thick accent whom identified himself as Nathan Rice.  Mr Rice stated that I was being sued and that the paperwork would be downloaded to the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, Courtroom 16 within the next several hours.  Additionally, within the next 6 hours, a sheriff's officer would be at my place of employment to serve and arrest me for this case.

During the call; Nathan read an affidavit that was to be filed charging me with three criminal offenses.  1) Violation of Banking Regulations; 2) Fraud by issuing Bad Checks and 3) Theft by Deception.  A civil suit matter with criminal charges referenced didn't seem appropriate.  The suit was for $3,522.32 and could be avoided if I made immediate payment of $695.32.  He quoted my name, email address and the last 4 of my SSN.  He also referenced my Trans Union Credit Report with a collections from Cash Advance USA and that the sum of $695.32 was for a cash advance loan via the internet that had defaulted.  Further stating that Cash Advance USA attempted to contact me via email and defaulted the collection effort in August of 2011; referring it to his law firm for action.

Then, when I inquired about how to may payment, I was instructed to go and get 2 Wal-Mart Money Cards for the $695.32 and call him back.  When I called him back, he would give me instructions for writing a letter of authorization for the Accounting Dept at the Courthouse to redeem the cards.  He wouldn't give anymore information until I had the cards in hand.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2011 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Affairs-and-Business-Relations/Los-Angelos-California-/Consumer-Affairs-and-Business-Relations-Law-Firm-Nathan-Rice-Los-Angelos-California-791942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Affairs and Business Relations