Complaint Review: Consumer Award Advisory Service - Bureau Of Audited Claims

• Submitted: Tue, May 17, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, May 18, 2005

• Reported By:phoenix Arizona
Consumer Award Advisory Service - Bureau Of Audited Claims
PO Box 579001 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Consumer Award Advisory Service - Bureau Of Audited Claims Division 12-5684 RIPOFF! YOUR A CASH PRIZE WINNER! A lump sum of $728,577.00! I send in $21.00 to take care of personal delivery or shipping & handling... never came around. Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: C.A.A.S. It really hurts to see so many fall for this scam.

Im a veteran of the US Army and been in Phoenix, AZ for nine months already. Im in very much finacial stress plus I work part-time and go to college. I though I was claiming money from a legit company when i recieved this leter in the mail.

It said "..you are a Confermed CASH PRIZE WINNER! Thats right! This letter is no mistake. You have WON a CASH PRIZE and we ask that you read this correspondence carefully to understand what you must do to claim your prize."

I thought to my self( it must be part of the sweepstakes I took part in a month ago, when i subscribed for magazines and stuff) and I send $21 for the delivery of the promised check. I could really use THAT MONEY and elliminate my depts. They sure made a convincing letter and CONNED some muney from me.

I waited a week till I got on line to do research on the sweepstakes and company till I found out other people had gotten the same letter. I never recieved my prize. They never recieved their prize.

I want to end this kind of fraud becuase its a great insult to me and my position as a hard working member of sociaty, plus im tring to study and make ends meet.

I never told anyone in my family about the letter or the prize, becuase of being skeptic. I still sent in the money of $21.95 and I hope to get my money back and a lil more.

This kind of scam should be delt with NOW becuase the people recieving money are crooks, and Im ready to prosicute them. Person I dont know or have any knowledge of shouldn't have my name or address.

Eric
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2005 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Award-Advisory-Service-Bureau-Of-Audited-Claims/Las-Vegas-Nevada-85014-3147/Consumer-Award-Advisory-Service-Bureau-Of-Audited-Claims-Division-12-5684-RIPOFF-YOUR-143057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Award Advisory Service - Bureau Of Audited Claims

C.A.A.S. It really hurts to see so many fall for this scam.

AUTHOR: Deborah - (U.S.A.)

I read about them almost everyday. Never and I can not stress this enough, do you send money to get money. If it is for real they will take out fees like this before you get it. Plus they also would want to talk to you on the phone. Though this does not keep these creeps from still scamming you, they just will not get your money.

I recieved a letter and I'm keeping it just incase they are caught and broght to justice.

Please be very wary always because these people are preying on those of us who are hurting in this economy.