Complaint Review: Consumer Cellular

• Updated: Mon, August 13, 2012

• Reported By: Stan — Denton Texas United States of America
Consumer Cellular
7204 SW Durham Rd. Suite 300 Portland, Oregon United States of America

Consumer Cellular offers cell service adds unused minutes to exceed max to gouge customers @ .25 per minute Portland , Oregon

As a truck driver 80 to 90% of my cell phone calls are company related and fall within my companys cell phone use policy. I contracted with Consumer Cellular because they offered a cell phone calling service only at a reasonable price.

However, after a few months I noticed that my account was being assessed one and two minutes per call over what my iPhone showed to have been in use on the same calls. I sent numerous email inquiries requesting an explanation for this discrepancy but have only received ambiguous unresponsive replies and the numbers to call where I am charged as I wait to speak to one of their double talking professional arguers who may or may not pick up.

Had Consumer Cellular been reputable I could have taken advantage of C.C.'s referral offer and signed up those of my friends and associates wanting to kick AT&T to the curb and  reduced my monthly bill to 00.00. However I am not comfortable promoting a service that will later reflect negatively on my intellect and or integrity and give people the impression that  I sold them out for a $10.00 reduction in my cell phone bill.

When I received no reasonable reply to my inquiry I informed Consumer Cellular I would only pay for the minutes I used. When I failed to pay the $15.00 unrealized use charges they cut off my service.

Be aware they are business practices are very ?reproachable

Thanks Stan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2012 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Cellular/Portland-Oregon-97224-757/Consumer-Cellular-offers-cell-service-adds-unused-minutes-to-exceed-max-to-gouge-custom-926847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Cellular