Complaint Review: Consumer Cellular

• Submitted: Sun, June 28, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 28, 2009

• Reported By:Rancho Cordova California
Consumer Cellular
7204 Durham Road, Suite 300, Portland,, Oregon U.S.A.

Consumer Cellular Charged my account for minutes never used, Portland, Oregon

A couple of months ago after researching cellular phone companies, I select Consumer Cellular as having the plan most suitable for me. I am an older person with very poor hearing and only use a phone when I absolutely have to. More often then not I give up as I can't hear the person on the other end. I just felt that I need a simple plan for emergencies.

Everyone in my family know that they can reach me via email therefore they never use the phone to call. The only calls that were ringing were either wrong numbers or sales presentations. I never set up the answering devise where Consumer Cellular would pick up the calls and then at a cost to me, I could call to retrieve those messages. I never answered the phone and even if I had wanted to, most often I didn't hear it ring unless someone near by would tell me that it was ringing.

Well you can imagine my surprise when my bill came in indicating that I had used my free 200 minutes plus an additional 160 minutes. I called imediately but was simply told that I had the phone, therefore I must have made the calls. I told them that I live myself and that the phone was never used by anyone. I asked them if they could research why all the calls made were made to toll-free numbers! Their response; "you probably enjoy calling toll-free numbers." I was so angry that I cancelled the service. I was mostly angry in that they did not believe that I had not used the phone!

Robert ****
Rancho Cordova, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2009 11:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Cellular/Portland-Oregon-97224-7574/Consumer-Cellular-Charged-my-account-for-minutes-never-used-Portland-Oregon-465856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Cellular