Complaint Review: Consumer Cellular

• Updated: Tue, May 21, 2013

• Reported By: Furious in Indiana — Greenwood Indiana
Consumer Cellular
7204 SW Durham Rd Ste 300 Portland, Oregon USA

Consumer Cellular Consumer Cellular is a big rip-off. They misrepresent their service and lie to people Portland Oregon

Complaint Description:

Consumer Cellular misrepresented their phone service. Had nothing but problems with their phone from the first day we had it. It dropped calls constantly and got spam text messages from people we didn't know. There was also at least one time when his phone didn't disconnect for an excessive period of time. Nobody explained that we would be charged every time we checked our own voice mail and the first sales person led my husband to believe there would be free mobile-to-mobile calling. We cancelled the phone after 2 weeks of complaining about the service and were told we would owe no money. Yesterday we received a past due notice that we owe $33.66. I called to try and get the charge waived and instead was met with two extremely militant supervisors who refused to listen to anything I said and just insist I pay the full bill. They were not in the least bit interested in the fact that I was thinking of giving them a 2nd chance in September, nor did they care when I said I can get word out to at least 3000 people as to what a rotten company they turned out to be. All the supervisors can do is repeat how excessive our minutes usage was, and would not listen to my side of the story that not all of that was our fault. We only had service from about March 1st to about March 15th. Might I add: I spent the better part of an hour on the phone arguing with the two supervisors Michael and Craig tonight. I ended the call by telling Michael he can take his phone service and "Stick it where the sun don't shine". That's not how it started out either. My husband and I started out being very nice about the bill and calmly explaining our situation. There is no excuse for this kind of lousy customer service and they should be ashamed of themselves. I told Michael that AT&T and Comcast have never treated me with such disregard.

Plus: They assigned a ad phone # that may have belonged to a drug dealer. We even had a call from some drunk who wanted to kill someone.

I told Michael I had serious health problems and this just adds to my stress, but he could have cared less.

Additionally: We did not even get a full refund when we returned all of the equipment. I did not complain because it was only $11.00, but combined with the bill, it adds up. I am disabled and have gone without pay for almost 2 years. (Old complaint filed against Cigna.)

Desired Resolution:

I just want them to waive the bill of $33.66 they sent, especially since we were told that we would owe nothing when we closed the account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Cellular/Portland-Oregon-97224/Consumer-Cellular-Consumer-Cellular-is-a-big-rip-off-They-misrepresent-their-service-an-1052827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Cellular