Complaint Review: Consumer Cellular

• Submitted: Thu, April 11, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 22, 2013

• Reported By: Jan Blck — St Francis Wisconsin
Consumer Cellular

Consumer Cellular Rip off by disconnecting service and overcharging for minutes not used Internet

Have been with consumer cellular for about 3 years. In the last 2 months or so, have had some minutes over, which I have paid in full. They disconnected my service as of yesterday because of overage usage. called them today and they want a good faith payment of $161.00 until my minutes turn back on the 15th. They are also going to prorate minutes for any days I don't use then,which is 10 days, making my overage charges even more because instead of full 4000 minutes, I will be prorated for 3800 and pay for minutes not used even more. CS rep said I should wait and get a special look at my account and they might give me a break.

Don't think so because if you don't cancel before your next time your minutes turn over to zero, which is the 15th, they will charge you for that whole month. I am finally done with them unless they resolve this now and not before I am charged another month.

Cannot get into online account to see actual minutes because they have locked it up, so CS rep said when billing comes out, can request a paper statement. Am totally disgusted with them at this point in time Need intervention now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Cellular/internet/Consumer-Cellular-Rip-off-by-disconnecting-service-and-overcharging-for-minutes-not-used-1042551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Cellular